East Tn TGO Members MARCH 2008 Meet

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower
If we can't get anything together up there, is Phantom's place available as backup?

I thought Mike's place was the backup....or was that the backup's backup :D

what about the range in clinton at he watershed(?) I have never been there but you all shot there one time maybe. I dunno maybe I got the name wrong.

I am guessing the range in OR with Phantom is busy that day. Maybe yall wore him out too much, lol.

Guest Phantom6
what about the range in clinton at he watershed(?) I have never been there but you all shot there one time maybe. I dunno maybe I got the name wrong.

I am guessing the range in OR with Phantom is busy that day. Maybe yall wore him out too much, lol.

No. I'm old but not that old. The range is available that day.

Guest Boomhower
Maybe yall wore him out too much, lol.

I'm sure he's just laying in wait, trying to keep from hogging the spot light each month, but if we can't find another place up on the north side, what else can ya do.

I've actually been thinking about mentioning for us to just start planning on having the monthly meets at Phantom's place until Mark or Elliott are back in town and don't care to host up in Kingsport. Of course, this would all be if Phantom was ok with it......It's pretty obvious that we can't nail down any other places besides the two and with Mark and Elliott travel bound most of the time, that puts us down to 1 range.....what do you guys think?

Hi All,

Any other qualified RSO's in the bunch? Marswolf, how about it? If a qual'd or former RSO will step up I'd feel easy about you guys using my place.

A little stiff here today. Took the elevator down from the bridge. Minor detail; there is no elevator. Translation: I selflessly took the opportunity to prove that gravity still works.

Good news. Although I have to wait until I get home (August, maybe?) to do the transfer, I bought a late '44 or early '45 Remington Rand 1911A1 here. Hasn't had many rounds through it, came with the issue M3 holster (modded by the addition of a mag pouch) and original issue mags. Some holster wear, but otherwise excellent - call it 90%+ cosmetics. The servicemans' children, when they found it in his effects, couldn't wait to get rid of the 'evil gun'. Someone talked them out of handing it over for destruction and instead putting it on consignment at a local shop. The gunshop guy (I've known him for about 15 years, since I was stationed here on active duty) was more than a little disgusted by their attitude, and he gave me a pretty good deal on it.

Wish I were rich: Another local collector has put an unmolested 1898 Spriingfield (krag) and a very very nice 1903 on the consignment rack at the shop at attractive prices.

Mars, I'm positive that if you guys care to shoot down in the glen, as long as there's a RSO amongst you, then its ok. I'll call and let Sue know to take the target boards out and put them down under the picnic table.

:eek:

any brass that you don't want, if you want to leave a coffee can, I'll take off your hands :)

I've been talking to Mark@Sea. I'll be serving as the RSO for this one.

I plan to be out at Mark and Sue's place around 10:00 Anyone who wants to come out and help set up stuff is welcome.

If you want lunch on the grounds, you will need to bring your own food and drink this time If you want warm food, someone needs to bring a grill. I have a portable gas grill, but can't find the regulator for it. If that changes, I'll let you know.

Don't forget hearing and eye protection. I'll probably have some spares, but can't guarantee it.

PM me if you need my cell phone number.

Guest c.a.s.
Do any of the Knoxville folks wanna meet up and caravan? I'd appreciate it if someone could bring an sks/ak sight tool, as well.
Looking at our current schedule here, I may have to carpool with oyu if possible, depending on when Mom and Adam leave for Florida (I'm trying to stay home so I can hibernate instead of having to actually wake up). I'll have put the original sights on the Armscor by then, so I can at least hit the paper plate.

I'll be bringing spare foamies, some Peltor plugs, and possibly some cheap-o muffs. As well, I might bring an extra pair of glasses or two.

I gotta ask: is anyone going to be taking a Springfield XD9 or a 1911? This is so I know if I need to buy those calibers or not. Or a .38spcl revolver, since I have a box of UMC for .38spcl.

Guest dotsun
I need directions to Mark & Sue's place if someone can PM them to me or post them. I can bring my portable gas grill if you guys want. I have all the pieces to it handy.

C.A.S., I'll have my XD9 with me if you want to shoot it.

Ditto on the directions thingie. That's fine Cody, I may be alone this trip.

There is a truck (?) race on Friday along with qualifying. Most of the fans are coming in now or will by Friday. I don't think the traffic on the Interstate should be too bad unless you get around the Blountville exit (#69) on I-81. Unfortunately, that is where I live. Fortunately I know a back way.

Coming up to Kingsport on I-81, get off at exit 57 then take I-26 toward Kingsport (go under the bridge before you exit), to either the TN 93 exit (John B. Dennis Highway) or the 11-W (Stone Drive) exit. If you aren't familiar with the area, I'd go over the ridge to Stone Drive then turn left (south) and keep going till you go past Wal-Mart and over the river (BIG bridge - you will know it) and turn left on Netherland Inn Road, the first traffic light past Wal-Mart.

I'm going to wait on the directions to see if Mark or Tower provide them. I don't know all the road names. But we'll get you good directions in the next day or two. I'm working on a map now for some local guys who may come along.

If anyone wants to meet me at the Allandale shopping center McDonald's. on Stone drive (11-W) around 9:45 I'll lead you in. It's on the right at the Netherland Inn Road traffic light. Just let me know that's what you want to do ahead of time.. If you need last minute supplies, Wal-Mart is a couple of miles up Stone Drive toward Kingsport. It's a Super Wally-World with gas pumps.

Oh...if 10:00 is too early and you want to shift to a later time, let me know. I just picked a time, but we can get together whenever you folks want to do it. If you would rather meet for lunch first, we can do that.

I'm just spending the day as far away from Bristol as possible. :popcorn:

Edited by Marswolf

Dave if you want to meet at 8:15 we can pick a spot you will drive by and meet there.

like right at the Washington Pk exit off 640.

that would put us at Mark's at about 10 am

Edited by Mike.357

sight adjustment tools

no

skwashdem where is Gray? Where do you get on the 40 or 81 eastbound at?

Maybe we could meet on the way and you could follow. I know how to get there just not any street names.

Edited by Mike.357

OK, we have one (well actually two) votes for lunch.

Isn't there an Italian restaurant in Allandale center?

Last time I ate there was a LONG time ago. One of the watresses shouted somethin about the owners F*^king themselves. Sounds good to me.

Edited by Marswolf