East Tn TGO Members MARCH 2008 Meet

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only place I ever go for the food in Kingsport is Krispy Kreme... And aren't there two Allandale Centers? On opposite ends of Stone Drive or something.

Beats me. The one I know is in Hawkins county.

Personally, I like the idea of a bunch of open packers descending on Krispy Kreme. It would be very LE.......

Guest Phantom6

Well, dang-it! I'm gonna have to miss this one. I'm gonna be in Nashvegas at the gunshow to meet Frank from ETS and pick up a little something.

Yes, the BATFE and the sheriff have approved the adoption and I'm gonna be a'bringin' home a little bundle of joy. Yes siree I'm going to pick up; my new SBS. Do not worry, photos will be posted later in the weekend.

I was looking forward to seeing Marswolf and his lovely wife again as well as seeing other members of the N.E. tribe of the Eastern Band of the TGO. Oh well. Hope y'all understand. It's not every day that we have such a wonderful addition to the Phantom family. :D

Directions

Marswolf has it right - follow his to Netherland Inn Rd.

Once you've turned on Netherland Inn, you will go less than 1/2 mile. Just before crossing the old bridge at Rotherwood Mansion, take a left turn onto Big Elm Rd.

Stay on Big Elm. When the road splits or turns, stay with the river. When you get to a 'T', take a right (staying with the river). You are looking for Clicktown Rd on the right. If you miss it, you'll see a brick church in front of you, eventually, so turn around.

Once turning on Clicktown - Go approx 200 feet - the road will T. Take the left (gravel). Drive 1/4 mile. You will be back on pavement. Stay on the pavement until you see the range on your right.

Thanks Marswolf, for standing in!

2330478111_cda34625b1_o.jpg

OK, let's add a few more comments.

The map above shows I-181. It is now I-26.

Coming up to Kingsport on I-81, get off at exit 57 then take I-26 toward Kingsport (go under the bridge before you exit). Go over the ridge past the Meadowview Convention Center and down the steep hill over the big river bridge to the 11-W (Stone Drive) exit This will be the 4th exit after getting on I-26. . Exit .to Stone Drive then turn left under the I-26 bridge and keep going till you go past Wal-Mart and over the river bridge and turn left on Netherland Inn Road, the first traffic light past Wal-Mart. McDonald's is just past this turn if you want to meet me at 9:45. Again let me know.

Directions

Marswolf has it right - follow his to Netherland Inn Rd.

Once you've turned on Netherland Inn, you will go less than 1/2 mile. Just before crossing the old bridge at Rotherwood Mansion, take a left turn onto Big Elm Rd.

Stay on Big Elm. (You will go under 11-W) When the road splits or turns, stay with the river. (The split goes up to the left and down to the right. You want to go down to the right) When you get to a 'T', take a right (staying with the river). You are looking for Clicktown Rd on the right. If you miss it, you'll see a brick church in front of you, eventually, so turn around.

Once turning on Clicktown - Go approx 200 feet - the road will T. Take the left (gravel). Drive 1/4 mile. (The road will fork. To the left, up the hill, is a mobile home. Don't go this way. Take the right fork, downhill into the woods.) You will be back on pavement. Stay on the pavement until you see the range on your right. (Mark's driveway is on the left at the lantern)

Click here to view this one post to print.

Edited by Marswolf
Guest c.a.s.

Let's see, if everything goes right, I might have the new rifle by then. If I wasn't carpooling (Mom and Adam are going to lunch with the grandparents), I also might be lucky enough to have a car, with a GPS system.

Let's see, if everything goes right, I might have the new rifle by then. If I wasn't carpooling (Mom and Adam are going to lunch with the grandparents), I also might be lucky enough to have a car, with a GPS system.

Cody, I won't be able to give you better coordinates until I reach the site on Saturday but it will be really close to 36°34'54.55"N 82°36'25.02"W. I'll take my GPS unit. If you have a problem give me a call (if you ask for my cell phone number in PM).

Guest c.a.s.

If it's available at the time, I'll probably be carpooling with Dotsun. Mom and Adam will be eating lunch with the grandparents, so I'll pretty much be going alone.

I had a talk with Mark's wife. She was concerned about the possibility of rain. I told her not to be concerned. I'll be there regardless of the weather conditions.

We are not sure of the target supply, so please bring your own targets.

Guest Boomhower

I'll be out of this one as well guys. I've been waiting to see before i posted, and sure enough, I have to work on Sat. Hope you all have a great time........and i was hoping to meet mars as well. I guess he'll just have to remain a "secret agent man" to me.

well,

I'm going to miss this one too..I was hoping I'd be able to fly home and make this meet..but it's not going to happen. we've got so much going on out here that I'll be lucky to know where I'm flying out of..either here or phoenix on the 28th..which is the earliest I'll be able to go.

MY boss is home now with a family emergency..so I'm burning the midnight oil to make sure that his stellar job performance stays that way... doing all the paperwork as well as ensuring that all the towers we work on get done correctly the first time.

*sigh*

I WILL be thinking about you guys though...there's a gun show this weekend and I told our boss that I'm going or else I'm starting a revolution..he said " by all means, go! take the truck!"

:shake:

I will of course take pictures.. they won't look like this one, but they will look neat!

MGMGRAND.jpg

Looks like they are calling for thunderstorms in the morning and cloudy in the afternoon. High around 65. Only getting down to 46 tonight. So it sounds like jacket weather in the morning and maybe T-shirts or light outdoors shirt in the afternoon.

In all, it looks to me like periods of shooting with a few rain interruptions. But this is a strange area. Often, the storms go just north of un and his Virginia, but not Tennessee.

I still haven't found my grill parts, so you need to take that into consideration. I'll look some more during today's storms.

Hi All,

Hope you guys have fun at the shoot. Bet I can make you jealous, though - I'm on a combat stores ship. In addition to big grey or green things that fall down go boom, you wouldn't believe how much small arms ammo is on board. Think really big numbers.

And for those who know of my coleman hobby, we pumped just over a million gallons of fuel (kerosene in one form or another) yesterday.

Yeah, thats' what I thought. I'd rather be at the range too...

Guest c.a.s.

As long as Dotsun is going, I am. Possibly even if he isn't, if Karma is on my side and Mom feels like driving again.

Mark: I'll be giving your wife the money for that reloading kit. How much was the total again?

Mark's wife says to bring your own chairs. Mine is already packed.

I'm throwing in a few militaria items too, just for fun.

I've handed out a few direction sheets to some local folks, so we may pick up a shooter or tho who isn't a TGO member yet.

Still haven't found my gas grill regulator, or for that matter even my Coleman stove. :lol: How can you lose a Coleman stove?

This should be fun.

Sounds like it should be a good day. Temperatures are right and they are calling for cloudy with "occasional" showers.

I threw in what targets I have. Bet I find a bunch more. If you don't have them,don't sweat it. We can always use Cody. :lol:

Mars I would like to shoot that smokepole :up:, bring it if it is not trouble. I will be bringing some of the cap and ball stuff. Don't need to use the Pyro now as I scored some fff BP yesterday :eek: up in Greenville. A place called Hearthstone. I wish I had time to spend looking around there a bit, all I had was enough time to run in and make my purchase and get back on the road again.

I will try to not forget the pop-up canopy tomorrow. It almost always scares the rain away. :D

Guest c.a.s.
Sounds like it should be a good day. Temperatures are right and they are calling for cloudy with "occasional" showers.

I threw in what targets I have. Bet I find a bunch more. If you don't have them,don't sweat it. We can always use Cody. :eek:

No thank you, we can use Mike.