s&w ar

Guest m14man

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Crunchman

I've had one for about a year, the S&W M15A flat top. I've put around 5k rounds of a mix of Wolf, South African, Lake City, Radway Green, S&B, and "roll your own" through it with very few problems. The problems came from Wolf and any of the "Bear" steel cased Russian ammo (very dirty stuff). From a bench with a 4x scope, it's easy to bust clay pigeons at 200 yds with my home rolled. With a holo sight you can chew the head out of a man size target at 100 yds. During CQB drills, if I did my part, all hits were center of mass. Just keep it clean and well lubed and it'll keep right on ticking.

BTW, if I heard right, these were actually made by Rock River.

Guest DonRickles

Actually it was originally made by STAG. S&W has taken manufacture in-house as of mid-07. I am a devoted Kalashnikov man however I am probably gonna by a couple stripped lowers and the S&W M&P15T sometime soon. All reports I have heard about these have been positive I just wish it was available with a 1 in 8 or 1 in 7 twist barrel. Anybody know if it has M4 feedramps?

Actually CMT manufactured parts for both STAG and S&W that is the commonality. That said I understand your dilema. Rabbi has slowly but surely been tempting me to get an Evil black 22 pop gun. I am probably gonna buy a couple stripped lowers as well. I also have handled a few of the M&P15T's and me likey! 1 in 8 would be my preference and M4 feedramps are a must.

Actually it was originally made by STAG. S&W has taken manufacture in-house as of mid-07. I am a devoted Kalashnikov man however I am probably gonna by a couple stripped lowers and the S&W M&P15T sometime soon. All reports I have heard about these have been positive I just wish it was available with a 1 in 8 or 1 in 7 twist barrel. Anybody know if it has M4 feedramps?
Guest m4coyote

I purchased an M&P 15T a few weeks ago, and I could not be any happier with it.:cool: I installed the J&P light weight trigger spring kit in it to lighten the trigger pull, and it is great. I have an Eotech 512 on mine, and it works great!

I also have Colt ARs and the M&P seems to be every bit their equal for my uses. The free float picatinny fore end tube and fold down back up sights are a real plus as far as I am concerned.

I can highly recommend the M&P15 series rifles!

thinking about buying one, like the way it looks. havent heard anything about them though. are they any good?

Smith and Wesson rifles are a very good deal IMHO.

(But then again; I guess im sorta biased :down: )

Actually CMT manufactured parts for both STAG and S&W that is the commonality. That said I understand your dilema. Rabbi has slowly but surely been tempting me to get an Evil black 22 pop gun. I am probably gonna buy a couple stripped lowers as well. I also have handled a few of the M&P15T's and me likey! 1 in 8 would be my preference and M4 feedramps are a must.

CMT owns Stag Arms.

Smiths are 1-9 twist (like 99% of the civilian market rifles)

is it compatiable with other brand uppers and parts?

You should be able to swap 99% of the AR parts out there onto any M&P.

Here are a few pics of the feedramps:

CIMG2699.jpg

CIMG2700.jpg

CIMG2701.jpg

CIMG2702.jpg

A few things to remember:

Smith and Wesson is offering a 100.00 mail in rebate on all M&P rifles through 30 April 2008.

POSTER_Q4_web.jpg

Hero-Gear Pricing on these rifles (and we have around 25 in stock) is:

M&P 15 Retail: 1304.00 Hero Price 949.00

M&P 15A Retail: 1320.00 Hero Price: 969.00

M&P 15T Retail: 1754.00 Hero Price: 1369.00

** This isnt a "I can order you one" price. This is the everyday low price of the rifles which I stock a large number of.

***Special TGO offer: In addition to the amazing prices we are offering, I will offer any active TGO member and additional 2 magazines plus 15% off any AR parts or accessories (suppressors not included) purchased or ordered the day of sale.

Edited by BimmerFreak