"Newbie" from Nunnelly

Guest Goose931

Guest Goose931

Hello everyone. My name is James and I am brand new to the handgun world. I have worked a bit in unarmed security in Oregon, but will be taking classes for my Armed and HCP next month (April.) I am still debating on whether to certify on a 9mm (easier to control but less powerful) or a .40 cal. (a cannon in my hands.) I have tested several "brands" and find the Glock to be the most comfortable for me.

After a brief stint in the Navy and many years in the restaurant business, I finally decided that I wanted to get into a line of work where I can make a difference. As mentioned, I am starting out in security and hope to eventually cross over into law enforcement, although at my age (I'll be 42 next month) I'm not sure any agency would hire me. Either way -- security or LE -- at least I'll be making more of a difference in the world than I was slinging hash-browns. :)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEARMAN

Welcome James. Certify with whichever handgun feels the best and shoots accurately for you. They both are formidable weapons and will get the job done.

Starting off in armed security is a good first step to transition into becoming a LEO. The more experiance you have, the easier that transition will be.

Stay physically fit and study hard, take as many training classes as you can get into. I would suggest trying a reserve deputy position with a local sheriff's department to begin with. Move up from there, when an opening becomes available. Good luck to you, and something good will surely come along at some point, my friend.

Guest Goose931

Thanks Everyone,

I'm looking forward to becoming part of the community. For those of you that actually know him, please thank Hickok45... it was his YouTube videos that eventually lead me here.