Beretta Bobcat in .22 and .25

tercel89

I had a Tomcat and not once a problem but I have heard all the horror stories of the frame cracks . SO I was wondering if there is any problems with the Bobcats ? How are their reliability in .22 and .25 ? What are your thoughts on the Bobcat ?

I have always wanted the Jetfire but they are so few and far between .

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple of the Bobcats / 21A's. No problems whatsoever over the past few years other than the fact that they can be finickly on ammo.

Also had a Jetfire / 950. Never had a problem with it, either. But someone wanted it more than I did ... :hiding:

I haven't put a ton of ammo thru the little 22s, but I'd hazard a guess that between me, the little woman, and my son, we've run several hundred rounds in each of ours. They surely aren't range guns, nor is the lowly .22 my first choice in defensive ammo, but they are certainly better than a rock. They fit in a shirt or pants pocket when larger calibers won't, so you'd be more apt to conceal one of these in just about any kind of clothing (except maybe a speedo, and I sure ain't wearing one of them things). And IMHO, anything you have with you is better than something you have to leave at home. And they're a lot of fun to boot.

Someone else on here may have more pertinent info for you.

I too have owned a Bobcat for over 20 years. I haven't noticed any feeding or ejection problems, not to say that it hasn't jammed, but not often enough to be a bother. Of course, I don't carry this gun for protection. I stick it in a shirt pocket when I go fishing, but that is the only carry time it gets.

I mostly use it for teaching young kids to shoot. The tip up barrel enables me to turn it into a single shot, and the grip size is just right for small hands.

In terms of accuracy it will shoot minute of tin can at reasonable ranges. I've never put it on paper.

But a buyer should think long and hard about the purchase of one of these little pistols. They really aren't very practical for much of anything. For a small carry gun a .380 can be had in the same size which would be vastly preferable to a .22, and for plinking a full size .22 would be much easier to shoot well.