Anyone know much about Armalite's AR-24

Guest sling

I understand the basics... made in Turkey...CZ\P210 clone...solid steel... but how does she shoot?

I saw one not too long ago used at Guns and Leather for 400 ish. I love CZ's but wasnt sure about it. Anyone have any experience with this gun?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen one, at a gun show early last year... It appeared to be lower quality than a CZ or Baby Eagle, I don't see any reason to prefer it over either of those. They certainly don't seem to have much of a following... not that I have heard of anyways.

A real CZ would probably be a better option.

I love CZ's. I just happened to stumble across a somewhat biased review on AR15.com on how great it was...but then when they hype went down and i had yet to see one i figured it all went away. Then, almost a year later i happen to see one. It felt really good in the hand though. Thats for sure.

Hi Sling,

Greetings to all you folks from East Tennessee. The Armalite AR-24 is a result of the now-failed partnership between Armalite and the Turkish firm of Sarsilmaz. The gun is essentially another CZ 75 clone like the EAA Witness line made by Tanfoglio and I hear it is a pretty decent pistol. However, it's very unlikely it will be around long without a domestic sponsor to guarantee spare parts and service, and it's also unlikely that CZ or Tanfoglio parts will reliably fit the gun. Worse, as if that wasn't bad enough, AR-24 prices are very close to the CZ's and the better clones, so a lot of folks are walking away from them from what I'm told. Given those kinds of "kiss of death" problems, I think I'd pass on buying one unless they started selling them for giveaway prices. If I didn't want to go the full price for a CZ, the EAA pistols are a heck of a lot of gun for the money, and that comes from a died-in-the-wool-CZ nut. You can also get a very good Charles Daly Hi Power clone from CDNN for $289.95, and I'd be much more tempted to do that than to buy the AR under the circumstances, but that's just me. Best to you all.

JayPee