Ace Pawn - Powell/Knoxville - Good place to check out

I've been frequenting Ace Pawn on Clinton Highway in Powell / N. Knoxville lately. They recently started selling firearms and have a fair selection of firearms available and most are new. They do buy and trade, and will give you a fair offer for your firearm. They will also order for you. I recently ordered a handgun and found that their price was actually in line with Bud's price on the same firearm. They also do FFL transfers for $25 + $10 TICS. The guys who work there are pretty knowledgeable and not a bunch of gun shop commandos. They are currently trying to build their business and inventory and are also working on plans to open a new indoor range in the I-75 / Emory Rd area if they can show the bank there is enough interest to secure the loan. Good place for folks to check out.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been frequenting Ace Pawn on Clinton Highway in Powell / N. Knoxville lately. They recently started selling firearms and have a fair selection of firearms available and most are new. They do buy and trade, and will give you a fair offer for your firearm. They will also order for you. I recently ordered a handgun and found that their price was actually in line with Bud's price on the same firearm. They also do FFL transfers for $25 + $10 TICS. The guys who work there are pretty knowledgeable and not a bunch of gun shop commandos. They are currently trying to build their business and inventory and are also working on plans to open a new indoor range in the I-75 / Emory Rd area if they can show the bank there is enough interest to secure the loan. Good place for folks to check out.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure they can do that in Knox Co. My understanding was that it was prohibited by statute now, and CCA was simply grandfathered in.

More on topic, they're right down the road from me, and I've been meaning to stop in for a while now. Might just have to do that this weekend.

Hmmm... I don't know if there is any law/ordinance against it or not. The impression I got was that everything was squared away pending getting the financing, but I can only assume they looked into zoning requirements, etc. That could only be a city ordinance and the city limits end near the I-75 exit in Powell. I don't know...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure they can do that in Knox Co. My understanding was that it was prohibited by statute now, and CCA was simply grandfathered in....

This came up some time ago, and seems it was shown where it was city ordinance, not county.

I remember looking it up on a map, and CCA is in an odd little cul de sac of county property surrounded by city.

- OS

This came up some time ago, and seems it was shown where it was city ordinance, not county.

I remember looking it up on a map, and CCA is in an odd little cul de sac of county property surrounded by city.

- OS

I hope you're right. I've been telling folks for years that a range on the north side would be a gold mine.

For those interested, here is the website for the folks trying to put together the range project:

http://www.phantomfirearms.com

According to some info I picked up from Ace Pawn:

"This range will be the most comprehensive indoor firearms complex in East Tennessee offering 12 rifle-rated 33 yard firing lanes, a pro-shop, gunsmith services, a variety of shooting clubs and a firearms education center. As an NRA sanctioned facility we will be able to host a variety of sanctioned national, organizational and private shooting events... We have a developer agreement and preliminary bank approval..."

They are trying to get as many people to show interest as possible in order to present the data to the bank to make sure they get the loan. I would imagine that if you were to contact the folks by e-mail, they will either send you a copy of the interest survey. The e-mail is:

range@phantomfirearms.com

I just sent them an e-mail suggesting that they post the survey as a form page on the website, so we'll see if they do that or not.

Edited by East_TN_Patriot