Gallatin Gun shotgun/pistol match info

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mega fun match. I'm busy with meetings and a class that day, but highly recommend this to anyone. You do NOT have to be a Gallatin Gun Club member to shoot matches at the club.

Dunndw shot the last shotty/pistol match and is still grinning from ear to ear from the experience.

Woo-Hoo! My camping trip next weekend has been moved... I'll be there, barring bad weather, death or illness.

Good Deal, you will have a great time, maybe we can talk some other guys, (or gals :D) into shooting with us that day.

Question...

Since this is a 'free-style' shoot, will 140mm magazines for the pistols be allowed? My XD-9 has +5 extensions on the mags which are supposed to make them 140mm (I haven't measured them to be sure...). I can always put the original base-plates back on, I keep them in my range-bag, but I would be interested to actually use the setup I've got.

Question...

Since this is a 'free-style' shoot, will 140mm magazines for the pistols be allowed? My XD-9 has +5 extensions on the mags which are supposed to make them 140mm (I haven't measured them to be sure...). I can always put the original base-plates back on, I keep them in my range-bag, but I would be interested to actually use the setup I've got.

Robert told me today that you can use hi-caps in ESP class. Since the XD is ESP anyway yes you can use them.

perhaps this time I can actually use the gun I brought. the magwell on my Warrior kept my 8 rounders from seating properly. Had to run the course with my bobtail'ed NHC. Good shooter, but speed reloads with a bobtail tend to be a bit rough on the palms.

Question...

The only way that you can use them is to share them with me. ;)

I am so excited I can't hardly stand it. This will be day one for me, so I don't really have any expectations other than having fun and competing with myself to make as few mistakes as possible. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys also.

Robert will you be allowing us to trans to our pistols on this match. It will give the stages a little something extra.

Just a though...

Thanks - Kemp

Transitions are fun. But keep in mind the wide variation of shooter skill levels that will be attending this match. I know that YOU are perfectly safe doing transitions but do you think everyone else would be?

ETA: I'm assuming here you are talking about alternating between two loaded guns, hot reholstering etc. If that is not the case ignore what I posted.

Edited by GaryXD

The match starts around 9:00AM on Saturday. It will be cold so dress warmly. Match fee is $15. Any one may shoot. Just show up at the gate and someone will let you in. I usually check the gate every 15 mins. Another member usually comes thru and lets people in before that. Or you can get up early and follow me in and help set up at 7:00 in the morning.

Kemp;

The first stage will have some leeway on how the shooter engages the targets. It will have a mix of steel, paper and clays. Shooter will have a loaded shotgun and pistol at the start. Paper must be engaged with pistol, steel and clays, what ever floats your boat. A table will be inplace for stowing the unused gun.

Stage 2 will start with shotgun and finish with pistol. Stage 3 is shotgun only.

Note: I will be watching the weather. I am in a job that may require me to be at work if a heavy snow hits. I think the ground temp. is high enought to keep snow from sticking on the shooting pits. I will post here if the match is canceled. Cold temps. and wet ground will not keep us from shooting the match.