Polytech pre-ban AK47 advice

blahX3

Hi,

I have been offered a Polytech AK, wood stock, in the box with all correct stuff.

It's an 85 model, "fired less than 100 rounds" but it's in such excellent condition you can't tell.

Only marks are safety lever and gas block lever scratches, minor at that.

He wants $1200.

Too much?

Thanks

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Plainsman

Looks like they're most of the pre-ban polytec/norinco's are going for $1000 and up. Doesn't seem like a bad deal if that is what your looking for in an AK.

That should be a damn fine purchase. . especially if it a Kengs Firearms Import. . if the serial codes are correct for what its supposed to be . . like CSxxxx for a plant 386 side-folder like mine . .etc. . the only reservation that I could possibly think of having is if the gun was a B West Import with a milled receiver some of those. . not all. . .have issues with the receiver cracking. . but only certain ones. Other than that I demand that you purchase this weapon and post detailed pictures of it in this thread that I may drool upon them. . Then take it out of its NiB status and introduce it to some m67 and prepare to be amazed. . .

Also if its truly "new in box" and i know this is true if its a Kengs. . NIB would be box with styrofoam insert (if it doesnt have the insert be wary. . the box without the insert can still be purchased at PolytechParts.com. . but the insert cant. .3 polytech mags with chrome followers. . green sling with leather ends. . .a little green oil bottle. . a little cleaning tool. .and a bayonet. The only prebans sans bayonet are later AKS series sidefolders. . but the factory 386 Sidefolders have the spring loaded firing pin.

Theres one gunbroker right now. . a KFS imported milled Ak47/S. . NIB with 100 rounds through in dark wood. . the has bids currently at $1600.00. . reserve not met. . so $1200.00 aint bad at all

Edited by turkeydad
Guest m14man

my brother is thinking of selling his polytech kengs side folder with 1000 rounds of steel core ammo from china to no box and not sure of the mag count but thats a good price for a new in box.

Stamped receiver, Kengs import. Fixed stock. Beautiful wood and gun finish.

Under folding spike type bayo, 3 magazines in plastic bags that have a Kengs logo on them and polytech floorplates, instructions, styrofoam and all accessories included, correct serial number printed on box too.

Edited by blahX3

You cant go wrong with that. .that would make it AKS-7.62. . with spring loaded firing pin. . underfolder bayo. . checkeckered pistol grip. . should be a cwxxxx series. . thats a fine buy. Most of Kengs were factory 386 but if it were a factory 416 gun then it would be a pwxxxx seties and wouldnt have the pringloaded firing pin or checkered grip the rest would be the same

Edited by turkeydad