Not a weapon but cool new kitchen knives - JA Henckels

Got a new set of JA Henckels today - quite a surprise. My wife said the dogs gave her money and told her to get them for me for father's day - we don't have human kids. Guess she and the dogs got tired of me griping about needing to go and get some new (and good qualify) knives for the kitchen, since I like to cook and have griped about dull knives.

I am now, thanks to my thoughtful dogs, the proud owner of a set of Twin Signature JA Henckels (Chef, Santoku, paring, utility, peeler and steak knife set).

Used them tonight and what a pleasure to use.

Now I think I need to gripe about needing some more folders, etc within hearing of the dogs - I knew it would pay off having them invest their allowances. :usa:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I have used the knives a lot in the last couple of days and they are working well. And i hear you - i am now mentioning to the "pack" how Dad could use a new pistol, LOL (Christmas is not that far away).

Guest friesepferd

nothing better than a good set of kitchen knives!

My dogs bought me some new magazines for my XD (even though I'm the mom, not the dad), b/c springfield was having a 30% off fathers day sale :(

• 3 weeks later...
I really like my Henckels, but I LOVE my Wusthofs...

A few years back, my mom was looking for a good set of kitchen knives. I told her to either get some Henckels or a set of Wusthofs. She got the Wusthofs and absolutely loves them. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Guest Drewsett

I have had my Henckels set for nearly a decade now. With regular application of a steel before and after and hand washing your knives should last a lifetime. I have only had to have my chef's knife sharpened once and that is just because it sees the most use.

I have had my Henckels set for nearly a decade now. With regular application of a steel before and after and hand washing your knives should last a lifetime. I have only had to have my chef's knife sharpened once and that is just because it sees the most use.

Same here. Hand wash, hit with the steel before use, and don't let my wife touch them. I use them 2 (sometimes 3 times) a day and they are honestly just as sharp as I got them 10 years ago. I am still in disbelief that the edge has lasted that long.

The paring knife has a bad angle on it, and I corrected. Other than that they are outstanding knives.

Guest TheRev.

which models are they? I have a set of "Pro-S" and some four star also. After 14 yrs in the restaurant biz I am a believer in good knives ;)