At the range...

ls3_kid

It depends on the gun.

I normally take the same complement to the range when I go, sometimes I change it up and I will take my coach gun instead of my pump.

My Glock I will shoot a hundred to two hundred rounds out of it. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I have been running different brands of ammo through it of late, just to see if there is anything it doesn't like. There isn't.

My M44 I will shoot fifty to a hundred rounds through it. Last time I went I only shot twenty through it because I forgot to put more than one package of rounds on my bag.

My AKM, I will shoot as many rounds as I take with me. Last time it was two hundred I suppose, all the magazines I had loaded. It started to have FTF on the last mag.

With my shotguns it depends on what I shoot. The coach gun will only get a dozen or so shots, unless I bring the low brass, with the low brass I will shoot a box or two of shells. The pump, well, I like to feed it, since everyone is always down on NEF Pardner Pumps, and at a couple thousand rounds now it fires flawless. Although high brass buck packs a wallop.

Now my personal favorite to take to the range has got to be my Heritage Rough Rider. Last trip out I finished off a bulk box of Federal .22LR. Anything under 20yds and it hit exactly point of aim. I bought it just a couple of months ago and I would say it easily has two thousand rounds through it already. It is just so much fun, and cheap to shoot.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normal range session for me has been to take 3 guns. Usually a 45, 9mm or 38, and a 22. Lately its been 50-75 rounds of 45 with one of my 1911s, and about the same with one of the 9s. Which usually is the G19 or one of the Hipowers. But I've been enjoying the SW model 10/15/66 so much I've started cutting back on the 45. And since I picked up the SP101, I've been shooting even more 38/357. I usually try to finish off with a hundred rounds of 22 in either a revolver, SW417, or one of the rugers.

Depends. If I'm doing well, it may just be a couple mags/cylinders of 9mm, .45, .38 Special, and/or .380. I'll usually take anything that I might carry for SD (which includes all the above calibers).

If I'm not punching those paper plates the way I'd like to, I'll usually put at least 50 - 100 downrange. If I'm still "off," might run that many more.

Now .22s are another matter. The Ruger MKs may get 200 - 300 rounds (or more). Depends on how much time I have.

But the little NAA .22 mag will usually just get 5 or 10 rounds. To tell the truth, that lil thing just plain ain't much fun to shoot, IMHO. So I just make sure I can hit up close. If I can keep a cylinder on a paper plate at 3 - 5 yards, I switch to something else pretty quick.