Anyone use a versa carry?

Guest WingMan380

Guest WingMan380

I was doing some researching on various types of gun holsters and I saw this gizmo called a "versa carry". It is an IWB style that has a spindle (for lack of better word) that slides into the barrel of the gun and then you tuck the "holster" and gun in your waist band and clip it on your belt. It looks interesting but was wondering if anyone out there had seen it or use it and your thoughts.

Thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I commend people who are trying to find new ways to do things, I just don't get stuff like this. I don't like the idea of carrying a loaded firearm with the trigger unprotected. I just think it's stupid. Neither do I want something stuffed up the bore that could damage it.

I'll stick with what I know works. This is a solution to a non-existent problem.

From the description, I wouldn't want to go that route either. Plenty of good IWBs on the market

that work & are safe.

I'm surprised some nut hasn't devised one that ejects out at the push of a button & catch it in the air.

Guest WingMan380

Thanks for your input guys. Honestly I was not impressed when I saw it. The web site had a video of the "creator" of this gizmo and he did not look like someone who needed to be carrying a firearm to start with. I'm surprised I haven't seen it on a late night infomercial.

• 2 months later...

After seeing the versacarry videos, I'm probably going to buy one for my Taurus 709 Slim. It has a manual safety so I don't see the uncovered trigger as a problem. Am I missing something? If so, some veteran on here let me know.

The inventor has taken some flack over at the Glock forum for no trigger cover, but the device wasn't invented with the Glock in mind, in my opinion. (I guess Glock owners can't imagine someone would invent something that wouldn't work on a Glock.:()

In one of the summer posts, he said there would be a Gen II model with some type of trigger cover to be available in October, but I can't find anything on it. Has anyone actually bought one of these versacarry clips yet? I'd like some feedback before buying. I'll probably wait to see what the Gen II is. It's probably some sort of kydex cover for the trigger guard.