Shooting Low

Guest Big-A

Guest Big-A

Just bought a like new Glock 26. Using WWB and remington from wally world. I shoot some what low but group tight . Is this common with a 26 ? I shoot dead on with my 19 and 21. I might be doing something wrong and need to correct it or improve . Could be and excuse for new sights. Anybody with possible answers would be appreciated. AL

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nysos

If it is shooter induced, due to the smaller size you may be anticipating the recoil more than the larger brothers that you can get a better grip on. It is possible the factory front site is the wrong height. I am not familiar with glocks as some other firearms, but I know on some FN pistols, midway through production on the fnp9 they decided to change site height for a different site picture. They went from a 6 o'clock hold to a cover the dot/drive the dot picture. It is possible that this is how your new glocks site picture is vs the others?

Could be you, could be the gun. If in doubt I usually lock the gun in place, fire a round, then look down the sights. If you are aimed at the hole, its you. If you are not, its the gun or the sights or the ammo etc. I used to think new guns were somewhat sighted in at the factory, but I have about decided that this is not the case, the last 3 or 4 guns I have purchased were not even close at fairly short ranges (talking 20 feet here, not even far enough to call it yards).

Guest bkelm18

Since the recoil is a bit snappy in the smaller guns, it's possible combined with the smaller grip you're anticipating the recoil and dropping the barrel slightly. Assuming the sights are correct, of course.

I ran into the same problem when I first bought my g26. I was relieved that I was having a problem in elevation and not windage, since elevation is always easier to correct and train for on a gun that comes stock with non adjustable sites.

My grouping, like yours, was pretty solid so I wasn't discouraged with the gun, and I also hadn't quite broken the gun in all the way. If you are consistent on your groups I would suggest just stick with it and breaking the gun in past 500 rounds.

I don't know if I eventually compensated or the gun finally broke in, but it shoots really well now. At around 800 rounds I put a crimson trace laser on it and that little gun is a nail driver.

I'm kind of old fashioned and don't want to rely solely on the laser so every visit to the range I ignore the laser and put some rounds downrange with the open sites.

I would say...just stick with it. I'm really fond of the g19 because of it's size and simply because it's just an awesome 9mm, but the g26 is a perfect carry gun and once I started hitting what I was aiming for I fell head over heals for it.

Guest Lester Weevils

After breakin, if a fixed-sight pistol still shoots low and it ain't technique--

If a pistol has easily replaceable front sight in case you mess up, it is considered too much bubba engineering to just file down the sight a little bit? Or would the only acceptable "non bubba" alternative be to install an adjustable rear sight or find a shorter replacement front sight?

Guest Big-A

Thanks for all the replies folks. The lil gun shoots good i think im the one shooting low. Its only got 120 rds down range. So im gonna break it in and practice a lot more. Weird thing i shoot my 19 and 21 well . So i might not be use to shooting the sub.I checked out the chart thanks for that. Going shooting wed afternoon to see what i can do with it. Later AL

I have a Glock 21 as well and that gun is hands down the finest shooting .45 I've ever handled, but learning to shoot that g26 this year has really upped my full service pistol shooting. I think the subs force you to learn some shooting discipline you may take for granted on the bigger guns and I think it made me a better shooter.

I would say shoot the gun one shot at a time with the mag resting on a bench. I have or have had 6 different Glocks and I am a Certified Glock Armorer. There is no "break in" period. All mine shot the way they do today the day they were new. It is possible that Glock screwed something up, but it's 99.999% of the time operator error. The quickest way to tell is hand the gun to a guy at the range that is knocking the bullseye out of his target and see where he hits with your gun. The bench rest test should let you figure it out though.