Pyrodex Pellets

Ok I don't do a lot of black Powder hunting but my dad has a newer 45 caliber muzzle-loader. He has been using the pyrodex pellets since he bought the rifle and they work good for him. He went to the local walmart today and they told him that they don't make the pyrodex pellets for the 45 cal guns anymore. Well he told me this and I started to do a little research and even on the website they only list rifle pellets for the 50 cal guns. My question is can he use the 50 cal pellets in his 45 caliber gun, and if he can will it affect the zero of his gun? If he can't use those and someone else makes something similar would someone please direct me to them. Thanks for your help guys!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will bet you can get your local reloading store to order you some special, if they do not stock it. They have a way around the hazmat fees (they must, or powder would be $50 /lb bottle); most likely they are charged once for the whole shipment and can divide the fee out over many units of products. Avoid buying it online esp in a small quantity, if you can.

back when I used to run BP I just filled proper amount of loose powder into empty .45-70 shells and used them like speedloaders found my rifle shot better with loose vs. pellets probably due to the fact that you had infinite more options of charge weight vs. preformed powder slugs...

John

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.