Mammoth Sniper Challenge - January 6-8, 2012

This is the third sniper match that they have run up at RockCastle, I may have to try and make this one. It's a two-man team match with a "primary" rifleman shooting out to 1000 yards and a "secondary" shooting out to 600. They have tweaked the rules a little for this one, as primary and secondary shooters remain the same for the whole match (in the previous matches the team members have had to switch places). I don't have a 1,000 yard rifle or a 1,000 yard skillset, but 600 yards might be doable. Any long-rang folks feel like freezing your trigger fingers?

Mammoth Sniper Challenge :: Home

DanO

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

cloudy, all that heavy metal you have i am sure you come up with something. i have a solid 600 yard gun. and have shot it out to 800. i also would love to give it a try. i maybe wrong but i do believe someone that you have worked with by that i mean a good spotter that the 2 of you speak the same language about the needed corrections etc, and good rangeing skills, would the most important things.

like at the Pro/Am laRue side match. using there equipment and there spotters, i had never used Mills or a Horus recitile. they gave a quick 30 second or so instruction then told me try the 400 before going to 1K. being old school (M21 with a ART 1) between the recitile and the spotters commands, i missed every shot at 400. after my 5 rounds i got up told the spotter to school me again do not be afraid to talk to me like i am a 1st grader. so another after about another minute of training and being sure i understood his commands. i got a 1st round hit at 1000, i had 2 out of 5 hits. the horus still gave me hell. but i was very happy camper.

Edited by RWF

most everything I saw talked about a team, but you list individual on the app, but only a match fee for a team. so can you shoot as a 600 yard individual only?

the reply

The individual would be shooting the primary targets only no t the secondary unless that person chooses to do the tough man division. Shots for individuals will stretch out from 350 to between 900 and 950 yards.