Calling all Taurus Semi Auto owners...

BigDaddyx4

Have you been happy w/ your pistols? I'm looking and leaning very (very) heavily towards a Mil Pro PT-145 for my carry weapon. I'd just like to hear about your first hand experiences, good or bad. I've been researching them quite a bit lately and I've pretty much heard that they used to be suspect but they have started putting out quality weapons. What do you think?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a PT145 Mil Pro. It runs like clock work and fits my hand just right. The trigger is the only thing I have against it but I did get used to it. It's never given me any problems. If I did not have a S&W M&P40C the PT145 would be my main carry gun.

We got my wife a 24/7 pro compact a couple months ago and it is sweet! We bought it in 9mm, it is very accurate, it really surprised me how accurate for its size. I am thinking about getting myself one in 40 cal., a buddy of mine shot hers and he bought one in 45 cal. I don't think you will be dissapointed.

Boatman why do you prefer the M&P40C? It's funny because that is the other one I've been looking at. Both of them fit my hand better than anything else I've got my little paws on.

I like the black stainless and the trigger is way better on the M&P and I guess just the over all fit and finish. Not that there is anything wrong with the PT145. I would not be afraid to carry it. It's a great gun but there is a reason one costs more than the other. That is just my opinion.

I have a PT145 I like it and i carry it. My only complaint with it is I have problems when using reloaded ammo. It wont pop the primers on about 35% the ammo. That being said i have never had a misfire or jam when using factory ammo.

On of these days im going to try and order a lighter fireing pin spring and see if that fixes the problem with hand loads.

Guest Rando

We have three PT-140s in the family and all like them, they are a great carry size and shoot great. I have the pro carry and have not had any problems what so ever but the other two havent had any problems either. I have three more Taurus handguns and all are great shooters and quality firearms, I dont think you would be dissapointed at all in any of them.

Rando

Thanks for the feedback everyone!!! Man I love this discussion board. Has anyone had any exeperience w/ their customer service? I like the life-time warranty but it doesn't mean much if they don't follow through w/ it.

Edited by BigDaddyx4
Guest bhoneycutt

I have a 24/7 pro 9mm and the only time I ever had a problem with it is when i bought this cheap ammo from academy. Monarch i think was the name of them. It would jam like every 5 shots. Since then I have been using WWB or UMC and havent had a jam since. 2000+ maybe close to 3000 through it already and am very satisfied with it. I really love the grip on it!

I have a PT145 I like it and i carry it. My only complaint with it is I have problems when using reloaded ammo. It wont pop the primers on about 35% the ammo. That being said i have never had a misfire or jam when using factory ammo.

On of these days im going to try and order a lighter fireing pin spring and see if that fixes the problem with hand loads.

I have the exact same problem. I thought it was just the primers i used or maybe I had pressed the primers in too far. I'm using winchester's what do you use? If I pull the trigger again if it doesn't fire the first time then usually fires.

Edit: I have a PT-140 pro and I love mine as well. 0 problems other than it not firing reloads.

Edited by mdmoseley

I have a Taurus Mill PT-145 and it is an awesome gun. It was very accurate and has not jammed on me yet.

The trigger pull is long but that is my only complaint.

I had a Chiefs Special 45 before and this thing runs circles around it.

Guest NELSON

I have a PT-111 Mil Pro 9mm. I love the gun. I actually like the trigger on the gun. The only reason the gun was bought was for defense and the long trigger pull gives you that much needed split second to think. I also like the safety on the gun. My girlfriend has since taken control of it and I am left with the Model 85.

I would highly recomed a Taurus, but I have also thought about trading mine off and picking up an M&P 9c.

I carry a PT-140, happy now but it took some time to get broke in. Shot about 50 rounds until in cycled properly and had to use a lot of force to fill the mags. At first I could only get 8 rounds in. Very stiff springs. I soaked the pistol with break free over night and it helped alot. Just shoot the heck out of it , I will buy another in .45 before long. great little gun.

Guest mark1970

Great price and never had problems. There were many different styles of holsters to choose from and getting extra mags was not a problem. Carried it for 2 years before a friend wanted to trade his Glock 26 for it. He didn't care for the Glock safeties, I had no problems carrying a Glock.