MCTS 3-Gun Match on October 1, 2011

Guest gw2and4

Hahaha, I appreciate the offer. However, after borrowing HOGNUT's 1911 for the zombie match (mine was in the shop), I figure I've burned up enough good karma for now. I'll see ya'll at the match. I'll be the kid with the iron sights and the pump gun who has no idea what he's doing. :rock:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Handgun, Shotgun(pump or semi auto), rifle(magazine feed), normal range equipment(holster, mags, eyes & ear protection) and a smile! A person can be overwhelmed with the different equipment that people have, but don't worry. It will come with time and eventually money.

Round Count: 31 pistol, 64 rifle, 27 birdshot and 8 slugs Minimum

OK, I've never seen a 3 gun match. What would I need to bring to participate in this?

Typical pistol rig for IDPA/USPSA, a high-cap rifle like an AR and a shotgun. Long guns need to be flagged with a chamber flag while on the range. They're available at the range for $3 each or 2 for $5.

Some folks that don't have all the shotshell carriers can get by ok with cargo pants. If you need any gear, someone might have extra. Let us know.

Hope to see you there.

Sent from my iPhone 4

Edited by gw2and4

FYI;

Guys We have settled on using IMG rules this match, no IDPA scoring. Any two hits or 1 -0, A or B will kill the target. One slug hit anywhere will score. Hit steel, bust clays. This match only, you may use your pistol as a back up gun on steel on the shotgun stages.

If the weather tomorrow is half as good as it was at CHMR this afternoon, then tomorrow will be spectacular shooting weather for this 3-gun match.

Sent from my iPhone 4

This is kind of random and/or last minute, but what's the story on side matches? Who sets them up and how does one find out what side matches are going on in a given weekend? I would like at some point to do some IDPA-style shooting with a snubbie setup that I sometimes carry, is that kind of thing possible in a side match?