Anybody been to a race at Bristol ?

Guest Killthewabbit

Guest Killthewabbit

Goin' to my first Nascar race at Bristol Motor Speedway on Sunday.

Anything that I need to know before I get there ?

What's parking like ?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest price g

The first cup race I took my wife to was Bristol. Not a bad seat in the house. Take a rain coat and snacks. You want be able to park anywhere close to the track so plan on walking. Maybe take some spare clothes incase it does rain.Have fun.

Guest dotsun

Parking sucks, traffic sucks, the race is awesome. Take a camera, sunscreen, ear muffs, drinks in a small cooler (no bottles), and a scanner.

I've never been, but my son has been several times. He said expect to park a few miles away form the track. Get there several hours early and walk around and see the sights. definitely bring some kind of ear protection, the silly putty style is good. Expect to be in traffic a looong time after the race. The short trip back to the Interstate will take a couple hours.

Have fun!

Pay to park as close to the track as possible. Across the road is great. Stay out of lots that will get you blocked in. Be on your way out of the stands when the checker flies and move! Dont waste time getting out. If you cannot do this take a grill and chairs and cook after the race while every one else is sitting in traffic.

Or better yet cook before the race, eat, and take left overs inside with you.

Pay attention to the cooler and bag rules.

+1 on the ear protection. Bristol is the loudest track I have ever been to and I have been to several. I think its the loudest track in the world.

Bristol: The only track left in NASCAR where they actually still race.

Bristol: The only track left in NASCAR where they actually still race.

debatable at best

boatman is right about getting out right at the checkered flag. Be ready to get up and move as soon as the white flag flies and at checkers get moving. It is your only hope to get out of there.

Or you can not worry about it and except it will be a couple of hours before traffic is rolling. I would rather have makings for a cookout before and after the race. (Don't waste your money on really crappy track food.) Just chill out a while and enjoy the rest of the day. You can get better deals from the souvenier trailers after the race.

Me and Dotsun saw carloads and truckloads of race dorks headed up there this morning. Made me wish I had a seat.

I was over at the track a couple of hours ago. Very few campers are left there. I learned the hard way to never go near the 4-lane at Blountville early the Monday after a race.

They had a wreck on I-81 yesterday. 4 cars crunched each other and stopped traffic in bout south and north lanes. I have no idea why that happened.

Guest bkelm18
why does everybody consider all nascar fans rednecks? I was at bristol and there were alot of rednecks there but not all people that enjoy it are rednecks. Lay off the stereotypes people.

Because they are? :):)

I have been lucky as over the years I have been to 10 tracks but NONE are like Bristol. Without a doubt the best track that I have been to.