Made a trade today

Guest tim99ws6

Guest tim99ws6

:cool:A buddy and I went down to the gun show hoping to "invest" in some new guns. I took my S&W MP.40, and he took a Beretta PX.40 Storm. I was looking for a carry gun, maybe a XD SC .40, or a Taurus. He was looking for a Beretta 92 9mm.

Anyways, after just enjoying just looking around, I noticed a guy with a desk there writing out a sticker on a newly traded in S&W Mp.40. It was basically the same gun as i had. Only difference was mine was in a little better shape, but the one he had employed the laser grip setup. We watched him write it out......$750!!! Wow, that looks a little overpriced, but maybe the grip was $$$????? Anyways, I asked him if he was interested in mine on trade in?

Sure enough, as you can see by my avatar, we went on an even trade for my gun for his P6(P225). He had it listed at $500, which i thought was a little high, but then again, I didn't think i would get $500 for mine.

You guys think i made a good swap? :(:D

Regardless, My Father in law has always harped on how amazing Sig's shoot, and how reliable Sig's can be. This is exactly what I was looking for in a carry gun. I stepped down to a 9mm, and a single stack magazine, but I have always wanted one!!

Now, to just pick up the Baby Eagle .45 ACP i've been wanting....

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tim99ws6
Not a bad trade. Afterall, any Sig is better than any S&W MP. Neither are worth anything close to $500.

As long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

Agreed. It seems some guys can get these P225's for CHEAP, then again...It's still a Sig, so i'm ok with that.

Guest tim99ws6
I just re-read my original post. I hope that didn't come out the wrong way.

Bottom line, I would have made the same trade, any day of the week.

Haha,

At first it seemed a bit harsh, but I understand what you are saying. I appreciate the honesty actually. I am looking forward to seeing what this Sig fever is all about. I really want to get a new et of grips for it. Any vendors on here got anything for it?

Tim,

I know how you feel about sigs...I got a mosquito for my wife and she loves it! it goes well with her baby eagle!

funny story:

for Christmas, she bought me an EMP. I was on the range breaking it in..and getting all sorts of mis-feeds and stovepipes. EMP's are, apparently, just that way until you run near a 1000 rounds through them to break them in..

anyhow, the wife walks up to the line with her baby eagle and lets all 10 rounds fly..blowing a nice, big hole in the target.

after she finished, and I was swabbing out my pistol, she just made a girly sigh and said "I love my baby eagle"..and walked back to the table to reload her mosquito.

if you get one, you'll love it.

:lol:

Guest tim99ws6
Tim,

I know how you feel about sigs...I got a mosquito for my wife and she loves it! it goes well with her baby eagle!

funny story:

for Christmas, she bought me an EMP. I was on the range breaking it in..and getting all sorts of mis-feeds and stovepipes. EMP's are, apparently, just that way until you run near a 1000 rounds through them to break them in..

anyhow, the wife walks up to the line with her baby eagle and lets all 10 rounds fly..blowing a nice, big hole in the target.

after she finished, and I was swabbing out my pistol, she just made a girly sigh and said "I love my baby eagle"..and walked back to the table to reload her mosquito.

if you get one, you'll love it.

:lol:

It amazes me more people don't talk about them or have them really. They seem like an excellent gun, side by side with a XD, the build quality and "feel" is above the XD(no scientific data implied, only personal opinion). I'm not a glock guy, so I am not going there in comparison. I was initially interested in an XD, but after having a baby eagle catch my eye, I am sold on them. HOPEFULLY, I'll be taking delivery on one tommorow....HOPEFULLY

hi,

bought my first sig [a sigpro] about 2 years ago. i now have 4 of them in different models and calibers. they just exude quality , comfort and depndability the first time you pick one up. --almost indecent.

good choice -- i don't think you'll be sorry.

just my 2 cents

good luck,

bob