Smith and Wesson 1911 Subcompact Pro series

Guest FiddleDog

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FiddleDog

I was actually swapping the hogues out for some slim grips for cc. Anyone know if there's a shop in the Nashville area that can satisfy my instant gratification need?

Well...I couldn't hold out...so I went ahead and made one mine. Pics and range report will be forth coming.

I should say so. Your posting times indicate you bought it the same day as your first post. :)

Nice pistol. I've had my eye on one of those for a while now but it's a few spots down on the wish list. I read a review a while back and it got a good review.

Guest msparks

I had been eying the S&W 1911es compact Officer frame with commander slide. It was on my short list that is until I saw the Sig 1911 C3 at Tennessee Gun Country. Well needless to say I think I've changed my mind on the Smith.

Sig pro's.

No MiM parts

original 1911 style guide rod (can take it apart without tools)

Sig customer service

Plus I've never owned a Sig and this is my excuse to get one.

The short list for a COO (Commander Officer frame) for me was

S&W 1911es

Kimber Pro Carry II

Sig 1911C3.

Good luck with your your new gun. Can't go wrong with a S&W!

Guest FiddleDog

Range report - just put 200 rounds through her yesterday - this gun makes me look like a better shooter than I am. Poa and poi are the same to about 20 yards. Yards. I'm barely an 90% shooter at 7 yards, but this guy points and shoots so intuitively that the 9 and 10 ring are easy to hit at 15 yards. No hiccups or problems of any kind. With ball or jhps. This little guy is a winner. Ejection was consistent. I have found the gun that will one day be passed down to my son, when I have one.

Btw, I noticed that they had one in stock for 1049.00 at On Target in murfreesboro.

Nice 1911, I'm a huge fan if the officer frame 1911s, my Kimber UC II makes me look like a better shooter than I am too. I may need to look at one of these. I have the Hogue grips and like the feel, how much thinner are the rosewood grips ? Even with the Hogue grips it is slimmer/more concealable than a glock, IMHO.

Guest FiddleDog

The hogue grips are the same thickness, but it adds size to the grip front to back. It made it too comfortable for me to hold the gun in a way that hurts my accuracy. I try to make sure that the back strap sits along the crease of my palm, if that makes any sense.

There's a company that makes 1911 themed knives. It they are called "ultimate equipment.". Their handles accept 1911 grip panels, and they sell them for around $27...half the price of grips nearly everywhere else I looked. I got my rosewood grips from them. I'll have to get a matching knife sometime in the near future..

Edited by FiddleDog