The new mailbox wait

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EasilyObsessed
Mine took just under 6 weeks earlier this year. Just enough time to forget about it before recieving it in the mail... surprise! At least now I have the correct address printed on mine... and it's the same as my DL.

Heh, even if mine has my current correct address, it still wont match my drivers license. When I moved to Nashville in August, I changed my address online but opted not to get a new copy of my license (as I had just renewed it a month earlier).

I went ahead and got a new license printed after we bought our house so that it would have the correct address on it, and they made me get a new picture made, since they've had the same picture on file since I got my learners permit 12 years ago... and I wasn't as sexy back then as I am now :).

Guest darkstar
I went ahead and got a new license printed after we bought our house so that it would have the correct address on it, and they made me get a new picture made, since they've had the same picture on file since I got my learners permit 12 years ago... and I wasn't as sexy back then as I am now :mad:.

:)

I went ahead and got a new license printed after we bought our house so that it would have the correct address on it, and they made me get a new picture made, since they've had the same picture on file since I got my learners permit 12 years ago...

They kept pulling my old picture as well. Even when I had them retake last time they still pulled my old picture! :) I wear my hair much shorter and have grayed a lot since then. I've noticed the TSA giving me the double take when I have to travel. LOL!!

Guest Grout
Well, yesterday I sent of my renewal paperwork for my permit. Made a copy of it and the check so I would have a record of it.

Thankfully, my current permit doesn't expire until May 28th. We shall see how long it takes to get the renewal back.

The last time I renewed I also sent it in a couple or three months early,It came about 2 weeks before the old one expired.

• 1 month later...
Guest EasilyObsessed

Wow...I sent my renewal in February, and mine is due to expire on 6/28, still havent gotten the new one yet. I may need to go ahead and give them a call.

If you renewed *before* your current permit expires at a DOT station they gave you a copy of the renewal. Per the DOS that serves as your temp permit until your new one arrives.

Yep, if it is within reasonably driving distance and you have the time...it seems it would be much better to renew in person than by mail until this backlog is cleared.

Guest GLOCKGUY
Yep, if it is within reasonably driving distance and you have the time...it seems it would be much better to renew in person than by mail until this backlog is cleared.

i just hope they get it all cleared up before i have to renew mine in two years

Guest vandutton

Only with the government do we have to worry about that. A company would be freaking trying to keep your business. Not the gov't. They have a frickin monopoly on this stuff. They can backlog this stuff and still get revenue.

Only with the government do we have to worry about that. A company would be freaking trying to keep your business. Not the gov't. They have a frickin monopoly on this stuff. They can backlog this stuff and still get revenue.

Its to bad we cant get someone else to service our needs like UPS did to the mail carriers service

I renewed mine on 2-14-08 and I had to call and get another extension. :D The lady I talked to was very nice and said they are running way behind and I asked her if this had anything to do with the Phil Williams story on channel 5 and she said yes.

Guest canynracer
Its to bad we cant get someone else to service our needs like UPS did to the mail carriers service

Actually FedEx does the mail for USPS. :D

Guest SomeGuy

Join the TFA and become involved in politics. If the right kind of pressure is applied to the lazy bureaucrats, they may realize their jobs are in danger and do their jobs in a timely manner. A scared bureaucrat is the only kind that might be efficient.

ZZRguy, what was the Williams story?

Join the TFA and become involved in politics. If the right kind of pressure is applied to the lazy bureaucrats, they may realize their jobs are in danger and do their jobs in a timely manner. A scared bureaucrat is the only kind that might be efficient.

ZZRguy, what was the Williams story?

When there was a bunch of firearm bills in the state house, and the gun owners said that we are law abiding citizens and we do not commit any crimes. So Phil Williams researched the HCP holders and found some people that had there HCP renewed after they had been convicted of a crime. So now the state is doing a thorough background check.