Question on a sig P238...

Derek

you guys have me sold. I just wish i could find one used somewhere...but looks liek thats HIGHLY unlikely. Anytime I get above $500, i just automatically think "dang, i should just buy another glock" but until glock does a single stack 9 or they make their 380 available here, not gonna happen. The 238 is EXACTLY what im looking for.

Might call around, G&L in Hendersonville had a used one a while back.

you guys have me sold. I just wish i could find one used somewhere...but looks liek thats HIGHLY unlikely. Anytime I get above $500, i just automatically think "dang, i should just buy another glock" but until glock does a single stack 9 or they make their 380 available here, not gonna happen. The 238 is EXACTLY what im looking for.
Beretta is stepping up to make that nano, which looks like a single stack 9mm glock to me. Of course the trigger is going to be crud (compared to 238), but it looks to be fairly small and thin. My wife's 238 was $500 LNIB/used from a gun store, mine was a little over $600 new. I have not seen another used one but if you searched far and wide, you may score one. Or maybe not so hard, this one is under $400 Sig Sauer P238 Rosewood .380 ACP w/night sights : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com currently. Edited by Jonnin

I bought my 238 here on TGO

Post an ad in the WTB board ... Someone will likely come along.

+1 on the 7 round extended mags. Not as clean looking as the original 6 but easier to hold. The sig can be a bit heavy for pocket carry in light weight dress pants, but it hides well in a nemesis holster. I also wear it IWB with a don Hume and it's very easily hidden under a sportcoat - no printing at all.

another reason this place is great....got a PM yesterday, took a ride out to nashville after work, and went home with a (pretty much new) P238. I had forgotten how small it is...but still fits my fairly large hands really well. Super comfortable and of course concealment is a breeze even in a suit and tie. When i took it apart, i was surprised how different the platform is compared to a 1911...from the outside it looks essentially exactly like a small 1911 without the grip safety...functions are definitely different though. Picked up some FMJ to break it in saturday. This is my first sig....really pleased with everything....bottom line, worth every penny.

Lack of grip safety and that silly bushing are a bonus to me, I wish the full size 1911s would lose those as well. Glad you found one so fast, hope it is everything you wanted and more. Next step is reloading for it, darn high priced 380... check the recoil spring, the original type does not last, mine died somewhere between 500 and 1000 rounds. New design seems to be a far better approach.

Lack of grip safety and that silly bushing are a bonus to me, I wish the full size 1911s would lose those as well. Glad you found one so fast, hope it is everything you wanted and more. Next step is reloading for it, darn high priced 380... check the recoil spring, the original type does not last, mine died somewhere between 500 and 1000 rounds. New design seems to be a far better approach.

first thing i notices when i bought ammo....ITS SMALLER THAN 9MM SHOULD BE CHEAPER! haha. a box of 50 is 2x the price of 9mm. too bad. I need to meet someone local who reloads that will sell me some 380 for cheaper than 20 bucks a box but still profitable to them. Or, god forbid, i just start reloading myself hahaha

Has anyone spent some time with one of these? Looking at picking one up as a daily carry...I need something really slim and small, but I prefer something with a little more substance than polymer. Ive heard the LCP and kel tecs arent very comfortable to shoot....not im not looking for a great range pistol, but if im going to spend more than 500, i would like it to at least be pleasant. If anyone has any experience with them, id love to hear some feedback. pros, cons, etc. or, if i should skip it and just save up for a colt new agent. :cool:

Thanks!

I can't talk about experience with the Sigs, but hopefully can soon. Although I love my Kel tec pf9, and it is very easy to conceal, it is extremely uncomfortable to shoot, hence the reason I'm about to purchase a Sig sp2022 in 40s&w

Guest 73challenger

I bought mine from top gun supply for $425 with night sites almost a year ago. Not sure why it was so cheap. Buds had some for sale with a laser this week. Awesome guns though

• 4 months later...

Wife and daughter both have a P238. We love them for our particular needs.

The ACADEMY STORE in Chatt has them for $479 if that helps. Paid over $600 ea. for the two we have but one had to be an SAS and the other a Blackwood to please the girls :)

Congrats! I went through a bunch of cheaper pocket guns before I finally ponied up the cash for a P238. What was I thinking? :doh:

Handles and shoots like a big gun, I can shoot hundreds of rounds, it's a tack driver, and well it's a Sig.

man go with the 238, i myself after going through almost every polimer pocket 380 on the market and tried the lcp twice and alot of ammo. finally bit the bullet and my wallet picked up a 238 and could not be happier its like having a fullsize 1911 that u can put in your pocket. spend the money and get it u will not be disappointed. hope this helps u