Springfield XD in FDE

Caster

Anyone have an XD in flat dark earth? How would you say it matches Magpul's FDE? Judging by pictures on the interwebz, they don't match at all. The FDE on SA's website looks more like coyote tan. Looking to buy another XD soon, but you don't see FDE XD9's in stock often. I'd hate to order one and it not match my rifle at all. Bound by a code of honor, I'd have to buy the XD which means I'd have to build ANOTHER AR in tan to match it. The wife might get a bit upset by that although between me and you, I think that's an absolutely capitol idea!:up:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Caster,

The one FDE XD I saw in person does NOT match Magpul's FDE. I have a FDE accessorized AR now, and have been trying to find that perfect FDE handgun to match as well -- Haven't been too successful yet.

The only way I can describe the XD FDE is being a bit "dirtier" ? If that makes sense. Atleast the one I saw which was fairly new, and came FDE factory :up:

I noticed too that the green XD's are nowhere near as dark as the one I have. The one I have was bought the year the XD was released, so I have had it long time. It's pretty dark. I;m guessing some of it is from years of grinding my grubby paws on it, but still.... I think I'll probably just get another green one. Even thought they don't match, the current green ones look better alongside Magpul FDE than the XD FDE does.

GRRRR!!! Why can't manufacturers understand that we gunnutz, plagued with OCD, NEED matching colors. They need to get on the same page and set an industry standard for flat dark earth....PLEASE.

Have you consider gunkoting something yourself Caster? You can match it up pretty well that way :up: Or get the FDE XD, and after you see it in person, you can gunkote it. That way, it would still be a factory FDE XD, you just lightened it and cleaned it up a bit ;)