.327 mag??

Guest oldslowchevy

Guest oldslowchevy

looking for a wheel gun for my wife to carry and i came across this caliber .327 mag in a tarus and a ruger. any one have any experince with these?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oldslowchevy

i own 3 taurus and never a problem out of them. ever. 454 raging bull, pt 917, pt 92 well over 2000 rounds though each.

don't let the stigma from the 80s linger into what they are building today. if the were were as bad now as they were then they would be out of bissness by now.

the only problem i ever had was the very uncomterable grips on the 92.

From everything I've read it is a fantastic round. 357 Mag performance with half the recoil and blast. Add to that you get an extra round in the cylinder and it's all pluses. The only negative I've found is that plinking ammo is hard to find. Plenty of defensive stuff available but not so much on target stuff. That being said, you can shoot any of the .32's (.32 H&R, .32 short, .32 Long, .32 S&W) out of it so maybe you can get practice rounds that way.

i own 3 taurus and never a problem out of them. ever. 454 raging bull, pt 917, pt 92 well over 2000 rounds though each.

don't let the stigma from the 80s linger into what they are building today. if the were were as bad now as they were then they would be out of bissness by now.

the only problem i ever had was the very uncomterable grips on the 92.

no stigma involved from the 80s here. Like I stated, I speak from experience. I have owned 3 or 4 and had two lemons. Their customer service sucks even if they say they have a lifetime warranty. The warranty is only as good as the people behind it. I am glad you have gotten some good firearms from Taurus and hope you continue to do so. The handguns I bought were not from the 80s and were still problems....and a very big problem trying to get the problem taken care of....just from my personal experience but maybe I got the only 2 bad ones made....:)

I would recommend the 327 magnum for a woman to carry. Look around and I am sure that you will find some decent priced ammo for her to try it out. She probably doesn't need to shoot it 1000 times to become proficient enough with it either. The advantage over the 38 special revolvers is that the 327's hold 6 rounds instead of 5 rounds. Also like the other post said, you have the option of using some lighter 32 caliber loads. CDNN had some good deals on taurus 327 revolvers last time I checked. Just my opinion.

Guest oldslowchevy

hummmm seems upon farther investagation that ruger is the only ones still making a gun in this caliber. tarurus and charter arms web sites do not ist any weapons in this caliber and ruger has three offerings..... seems this might have been a short lived caliber... now i'm not so sure.

Guest oldslowchevy
For what it's worth, Smith and Wesson also makes one for the J frame but the .327 magnum carries six rounds instead of five.

Here's the link:Product: Model 327 Night Guard™ - Smith & Wesson

thank you, but at this time $1050 is quite abit more than i can afford at the momment, i was looking in the 300-500 range. i may just buy a small single stack 9mm though knowing her the simplisty of a revolver is the way to go really.

she does not have strong hands and when it comes time to clean it she would not be able to field strip a semi auto and put it back together. hummmmmmm

Bud's has some of the Taurus and Charter Arms in .327 in stock. I haven't had any issues with the 4 Taurus revolvers that I have owned. My wife has a Taurus .38 that I shot today. It's a nice little revolver with a decent trigger.

I have heard good things about the Charter Arms too. That said, the SP101 is fool proof if you can swing the price.

Guest oldslowchevy

I think you underestimate your wife.

Mike

no i don't, she has muscluer distrophy (wow i need to learn to spell) and does not have strong hand and she can not work the slide on my semi autos.