Question about Charles Daly 1911

Ricochet

Guest Boomhower
Send her on over Boomhower, I will try to give her a good talking too, but I don't know if being from Athens will help much, I was born and raised in Almost Heaven West Virginia. :popcorn:

Anything helps.....She's not a true Athenien either. She was born in....ahem....Michgian, and moved here when she started high school....and let's just say that she's still got a lot of yankee left in her, but I've spent a whole lot of time putting as much southern in 'er as she will allow. :up:

As for the gun, the XD being gun of the year back a few years ago has to say something for it. But I wouldn't bet the bank on it either. I like the XD's, I just have to many other things on my list before I think about getting one :(. Whether you go with the XD9 or SR9, if you plan to carry it, I would personally do a self comparison between whatever you buy and your Glock to see which one fits the bill the best, and that's the one I would stick with for full time carry, but as stated above, it's always good to have a back up.

Edited by Boomhower
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK thanks for your explanation, I can't agree or disagree with you concerning the XD being better than the Glock until or unless I get the XD and can then honestly give an opinion, but we all know that you hate Glocks :(

Correct me if I'm wrong ( and I'm sure he will), but Mars doesn't like Glocks as much, for safety reasons. the XD is a safer gun than the Glock.

Edited by Smith
Mom- Just get something that I can shoot too!!! HA! I can't wait on my little baby glock 26!

Well then I may just have to get the XD since Freddy is getting the SR9. We will have all kinds of 9mm shells flying LOL.

Well, I guess ya'll figured out by now that Natosha is my daughter. :( This is turning into a family affair. Natosha, her husband Freddy, Mark my husband and I all shoot together.

Correct me if I'm wrong ( and I'm sure he will), but Mars doesn't like Glocks as much, for safety reasons. the XD is a safer gun than the Glock.

:D

I also found the XD-9 sub to be a more natural shooter than the G26. That's not to say the G26 can't shoot well. I discovered that I had been compensating for the Glock ergonomics, The XD shoots more like a Beretta, Ruger, 1911, etc.

Edited by Marswolf
More and more everyday as I learn more about them. :cool:

:D You know I was only messing with ya Marswolf :koolaid:

I also found the XD-9 sub to be a more natural shooter than the G26. That's not to say the G26 can't shoot well. I discovered that I had been compensating for the Glock ergonomics, The XD shoots more like a Beretta, Ruger, 1911, etc.

I wish I knew someone that had the sub XD so I could try it. I will get to try the SR9 since my son in law is getting that in a week or two. I am leaning toward the XD but the SR9 is a prettier gun IMO.

Guest Natosha
Hi Natosha :) Welcome to TGO! I hope you enjoy it here as much as your mom and I do!

Thanks, So far I like it here. I have been trying to read and get more information. I have learned alot and every one has been very helpful when I have needed advice.

We shot the CD 1911 yesterday evening and it is really nice. I was actually very surprised at how smooth it was compared to some guns I have shot. I actually did pretty good with it too, I was a little high but was between center mass and chest cavity area of the target at about 35 to 40 feet.