Sons 1st rifle

Guest Cobra

My 9 yr old hasn't been enthusiastic over guns until this summer. 3k rounds through the 22, he has become a good shot. On the Christmas list was a Ruger 22, black was his choice with scope in capital letters. So I got him one for a stocking stuffer, but what he's not expecting under the tree is what else I already picked out. 7mm08 with a few custom touches for eye appeal but on a budget. I think he will enjoy this as his 1st. IMAG0026.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GunTroll
Very nice, lucky son you have there. I asked my 4-y-o daughter if she wanted a gun for Christmas and her reply was "No, I'm a princess and they don't have guns". I guess when I get back to the house I'll have to undo my wife's brainwashing.

Paint on e pink and she will be down.

To the OP, your son will be happy. Sounds like your a swell father guy.

Paint on e pink and she will be down.

Only if I can do one up just like it for your son.

I just called up my dad because I saw a Winchester 1987 and a Stevens Crackshot for sale in his area...I hinted maybe he should get those for Christmas for me...can't beat both for $300.

Very nice, lucky son you have there. I asked my 4-y-o daughter if she wanted a gun for Christmas and her reply was "No, I'm a princess and they don't have guns". I guess when I get back to the house I'll have to undo my wife's brainwashing.
99% of that princess nonsense is from a certain well known brainwashing cartoon company that pushes liberal values at kids, starts with a D and ends with a Y. Well, values isnt really the right word....

i have a 2 yr old daughter who is bigggg into the disney princess stuff (what 2yr old girl isnt), you should see her room haha. but at the same time whenever I get back from the range and I am cleaning my guns she just sits and watches every move I make the whole time. She is still 2 or 3 yrs away from her first .22, but I figured by letting her watch me handle/clean them, its a good way for her to get accustomed to them.

and to the op, Im sure your son will be very pleased! just have the camcorder ready haha.

i have a 2 yr old daughter who is bigggg into the disney princess stuff (what 2yr old girl isnt), you should see her room haha. but at the same time whenever I get back from the range and I am cleaning my guns she just sits and watches every move I make the whole time. She is still 2 or 3 yrs away from her first .22, but I figured by letting her watch me handle/clean them, its a good way for her to get accustomed to them.

and to the op, Im sure your son will be very pleased! just have the camcorder ready haha.

My daughter will be three next year, she always says to me "daddy lets go shoot deers." Haha gotta love it

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the great words guys, but I am the lucky one to have a son that looks up to me as mine does.

One cure for brain warshing is a good ole fashion tickle job ever nite till they can't breath....slip a few worlds about shooting.

Good job...Thats one heck of a gift and great choice on the caliber. I love that caliber too. I use it all the time.

As far as the girl thing...I took my daughter (which is now 12) when she was around 7. We took a youth model 243 singleshot rifle 5 bullets and 2 pair of binoculars. The first evening we saw nothing but the next morning the deer was all around us. She picked one out, I kinda assisted in helping her hold it and aim it but she pulled the trigger. From that first trigger, she has been hooked. She likes shooting my AR now and is a tack driver with it. But to beat it all, she's the biggest priss i've ever seen. She's the only one on her cheerleading squad that can bust a bullzeye at 100 yds, help ole dad field dress a deer and after all that yell cheers with the best of them.

I'm sure your son is going to have one heck of a christmas this year.

Heck, my daughter is 5 and already has 2 .22 rifles, and a bb gun! lol

I cant wait for my daughter to get a couple years older so I can buy her her first .22. I think I will be just as excited buying one for her as she will be (I hope) excited recieving it!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Catfish36

My daughter is 4 now, and everytime I get back from the range she crawls up in the chair beside me and wants to help clean. So I clean a part and then hand it to her and she wipes it down and goes over it with a quetip. Good memories..fun times. She is also a Prissy Princess Lover..haha

I'm sure your son will never forget this Christmas! Feel free to send me a present this year!

THat's awesome. That's an incredibly great cartridge too. Soft on the shooter, hard on the target. VERY accurate to boot. He'll be hunting deer with that when he's an old man and think fondly of his old man every time. I admit I'm a bit jealous;)