Ruger SR1911

Guest ryanlaura02

Guest ryanlaura02

Hey guys Just wondering if anyone here know where I could get a Ruger sr1911 around Nashville? Would really like to see and hold one I have heard great things. If anyone has one let me know what you think.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to TGO, Ryan. There have been numerous SR1911 threads (all searchable from the box in the top right of your screen, most looking for places to buy one, and some few for reviews of the actual firearm, by folks who actually managed to get their hands on one), but the general consensus is that they are not easily available anywhere at this time. Demand has been high, and Ruger hasn't yet tooled up to meet that demand, though internet rumors suggest that they may be expanding their production early this year. I tend to believe the rumors, as Ruger is not run by a bunch of fools, so they're going to make as many as they can sell, as fast as they are able.

Please note: when I suggested using the "search" function above, I was not trying to be a know-it-all jerkwad "crap on the new guy" type. I'm glad you're here, and sincerely hope you find what you're looking for. Happy hunting.

I haven't searched local dealers, but looking online, they are hard to find. I want one....really bad! Unfortunetly, due to the "supply/demand" problem, when you do see one for sale they are way overpriced. MSRP is $799, which means they should go for $700-$725 new. I have seen them listed used for $900. I don't want one that bad.....

Guest JeremyB
I was told by "MY dealer" a month or 2 ago that Outpost Armory (south of Murfreesboro) had gotten about 15 Ruger's. No clue if A) that was true, but I would trust him with my life and B) I am highly doubtful that they would still have any but, its worth a phone call.

I stopped by there on a trip on Tuesday of this week and they did not have one. They didn't have an idea when some would start shipping either.

I will say they have a very nice store. Great sales people and lots of other things to look at. Well worth the visit.

I stopped by there on a trip on Tuesday of this week and they did not have one. They didn't have an idea when some would start shipping either.

I will say they have a very nice store. Great sales people and lots of other things to look at. Well worth the visit.

Really? Good on ya! But that has not been my experience with them.

I got one and I love it. Just won the bidding on ebay for some new grips for it too. Out of every handgun I've ever shot, this is the gun I've been the most accurate with. I introduced a buddy in N.O. who's planning on starting carrying to a variety of pistols, had him shoot em all, and taught him a couple things. The first thing he wanted to know was where he could find a Ruger 1911.