Glock vs. Kahr

Guest m4coyote

+1 on the trial period for any carry gun! I purchased a brand new G20, and it was only good for five shots before it quit shooting entirely! That experience taught me to not trust any gun (regardless of maker) that would be used for defensive purposes unless I can shoot at least three hundred trouble free rounds through it.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TNDixieGirl
Every one keeps knocking Kahr about it's "break-in". Any gun you carry should go through a trial and break-in of a minimum of 200 rounds before it is considered "ready for carry". I know Glocks are reliable out of the box, but that "Glock Perfection" thing is just marketing.

I was also wondering that myself. My Kahr worked "out of the box" as ya'll put it. Have put at least 300 rounds through it with no failure whatsoever. EVERY gun should be run through the paces before deeming them reliable.

Guest db99wj

Yes, they all need to be run to be deemed reliable and there are no problems. Some just run better on the front end then others do or need more than others do.

I don't see that really being a determining factor due to the fact, any gun I buy in the future will be shot numerous times as soon as I get it. My XD had at least 300 rounds through it by the second or third time I shot it.

Guest .45Jon
Nope,The damn thing ran like a sewing machine with hardball but hps would hang up on the bottom of the feed ramp.It was a older model and most likely a mag issue but that and the Moony thing just turned me away.

I asked b/c I thought I had that problem with my CW9 when tinkering when I first got it, then I read the manual and it said in short "DO NOT use slingshot method to chamber a round, always use the slide stop" , never had a problem since.:koolaid:

Hey PackinMama, you need to handle my CZ 75D PCR when we meet at the gun show, you might fall in love with it :blush:

I checked out the Kahrs at Coal Creek one day because a customer heard me say I wanted to see the CZ so he started telling me that Kahr had a good 9mm so I handled it and didn't care for it myself BUT I had my sites on the CZ that day! Once I held the PCR and felt it in my hands the Kahr felt ackward.

Guest canynracer

The break in shouldnt be a factor...you would not buy a gun, strap it on and feel like you KNOW it is going to fire....thats crazy...

anyway, here are some size weight comparisons:

Specification: Glock G26/ Kahr P9/Comparison

Material: Polymer /Polymer/ Same

Caliber: 9MM/ 9MM /Same

Overall Length: 6.29"/ 5.8"/ 8% Shorter

Overall Height: 4.17"/ 4.5" /-7% Smaller

Width: 1.18" /0.90" /24% Slimmer

Wgt w/o mag: 19.75 ounces 15.8 ounces 20% Lighter

Edited by canynracer