Obama Executive Order: Peacetime Martial Law!

I seem to remember an issue a couple hundred years ago similar to this. If I remember correctly there was a tyrannical government that thought that they could allocate the peoples' property however they saw fit and there were some folks that believed that was over-reaching on the government's part. Where are Patrick Henry and Sam Adams and Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson when you need them?

I seem to remember an issue a couple hundred years ago similar to this. If I remember correctly there was a tyrannical government that thought that they could allocate the peoples' property however they saw fit and there were some folks that believed that was over-reaching on the government's part. Where are Patrick Henry and Sam Adams and Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson when you need them?

You could just as easily be talking about our .gov during WWII. Just ask descendent of Japanese immigrants whose family had their homes, property and businesses confiscated and then they were put in internment camps.

(But that was The Greatest Generation, so it's okay.)

• Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

Plumb full of legalese. Takes me awhile to read that stuff. Thanks for the link.

Hi Mike

You need the K-Y brand Legal-Eze, which allows even the most opaque prose to slide to right thru yer brain, smooth as you please.

I am not plagued by paranoia anymore, having finally found a properly designed heavy-duty tinfoil hat-- However, one would idly wonder-- What has changed at our current time of "relative peace" to make this directive necessary now? What makes the directive necessary now, if it was not necessary a year ago, and it was not even necessary after 9/11?

Edited by Lester Weevils
Guest Lester Weevils

I wish we could rely on the talking heads, but they're ALL in Chicken Little mode right now. Maybe Fallguy can give us a translation before I have to destroy any brain cells trying to make sense of it :pleased:

Yep, I haven't made any serious efforts to read it. As once quipped by Tom Waits, "More complicated than Chinese Algebra".

But the hits keep coming--

http://thecentristpo...ber-ammunition/

Why Did The DHS Just Order 450 Million Rounds Of .40 Caliber Ammunition? The Department of Homeland security has just executed an order for enough rounds of 40 caliber ammunition to kill every man, woman and child in the United States ... ATK has secured a major Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity deal to supply up to 450 million rounds of .40 caliber ammunition to the Department of Homeland Security.

Edited by Lester Weevils
Guest Ceolas

Liberal media is saying this is a combination of a few Executive Orders from Clinton to Hoover combining and restructuring orders that were already in place.

Not sure I can give Obama the benefit of the doubt, though.

Guest 6.8 AR

It's hard to make light out of this and to dismiss it when it gets kicked out on a weekend

news cycle, hopefully under the radar, until no one thinks about it any more so they don't

have to explain their actions when they execute whatever the Hell it is they are going to.

I can't make light of the issue of this administration doing this time and time again. I guess

I can understand the attitude of "Oh well" or "Tin Foil Hat" joking about these political shots

across our bow and I guess I will see that until the last one wakes up. I wouldn't expect much

different.

When these little communist cowards take the last of your rights away from you, and teach

the last child the basics of altruism, communism and the state's ownership of everything, one

can't dismiss it any more, because it is too late. What are you going to do then? Pound on

your internet chest? Sit in your internet bunker with your internet AK? Only until the internet

gets cut off, and if you think that won't happen, there's further proof some have been sleeping

the last three years.

Yeh, all this is a joke, except you're part of the joke and you better not forget it.

Guest 6.8 AR

Yep, I haven't made any serious efforts to read it. As once quipped by Tom Waits, "More complicated than Chinese Algebra".

But the hits keep coming--

[/size]

I'm glad I reload, Lester. Federal, ATK or whoever can go screw itself in a lighbulb. Didn't

know about that. Must mean they really training their thugs well.

I just want to know what it really does. I'll read the damn thing if I have to. We have two things here... an administration that tends to overstep, and a government that needs to do a lot of work on their ineffective handling of real disasters. I ain't going to just go with the chicken little version.

Guest Lester Weevils

I'm glad I reload, Lester. Federal, ATK or whoever can go screw itself in a lighbulb. Didn't

Old mister rooster was wondering, "Why is farmer brown sharpening up that hatchet? Maybe he needs to split more kindling."

Maybe they're just trying to deal with the pending ammo shortage. There's some irony in that

I'm at least going to tool up so I can feed my Glocks. Don't think I'll go for high volume like you.

Guest 6.8 AR

It's really not that much of a read. The problem with the whole thing was the purpose.

There is no need for such a document in this country. If there were, there would have

been 57 of those documents(using Obama math, it's correct, you know) that the states

and their own miltia's would have managed much better.

It's also an Executive Order of such magnitude and scope that it and it's previous versions

are clearly as unconstitutional as most everything this President has attached his signature

to, whether through this process or the congressional route. I'd love for someone rationalize

this document away and make me wrong, but I don't think that's possible. You don't need a

law or poli-sci degree or whatever to figure out the problem.

His use of the EO to assert this may not be without precedent, but that's not the problem. He

has a plan seemingly in place for this to be a necessary part of. Where the Hell is Congress?

If they don't do something, they must be part of it, and I don't think we have a government after

that. We have the third world dictator sticking his pecker out and getting it cut off. Then you

have a political vacuum with lots of wannabes trying to fill it, then civil war(for lack of a better word).

You look at the use of the media in tune with the government's timeline, and see the willingness of

those sycophants stepping in line with this fool dictator or his minions in the Senate and that should

be enough to place them at public enemy number 1, because they sure aren't reporting the news.

Bastards are making it up based on what they're given by people like a czar or Soros or the like.

I'm not saying that all my life it's been a bed of roses with Republicans in charge so try to leave that

out of this, if you want to argue. The ideology has been exposed and it can't be hidden any more.

Of course you can hide your head in the sand, or other place, and deny it, or you deal with this

criminal entity before you have been incriminated by them one more time.

Time is running out now.

Guest 6.8 AR

I read him last night, mav. It may be merely an update, but why is the underlying cause and

timing discounted? There is nothing needed in this EO, like the others, I might add, which

should be allotted through Congressional Authority. It is a taking of authority and is another

step by someone who, admittedly did not create Homeland Security, is taking advantage of

an already bad set of laws to undermine our liberties. Morrissey is flat out wrong, unless you

live for the moment, which he seems to be doing. I wish he was looking at this a little bit

differently, like how much more of this is needed and why the specific timing.

You know, we could sit around and rationalize anything away. That's what we seem to only be

good at, while the fox is guarding the hen house.

Look back at just the last three years, nothing else, and try to remember all the deeds and

statements performed by these criminals and tell me you don't see a pattern. The problem

is we were warned about every bit of it by Obama, in his own words, all too often before he

was elected and during his administration.

I'm no historian, I just try to observe and digest occasionally, and I have a bad case of indigestion

because of this.

Now, go back to Bush and blame away. It won't solve a damned thing. There certainly were

problems, like the Patriot Act, No Child Left Behind, and that Medicare bill, etc. So what?

That was then and this is now. Has anything gotten better? What was that famous Reagan

question? "Are you better off now?" Something like that.

Somehow I think November is meaningless because something else is going to happen and

all the sheep will be slaughtered soon after.

Guest 6.8 AR

It's called political timing and it has been used for a long time on news that a

time and date stamp is crucial for political expediency. Both sides have done

it and it is pulling a fast one, and you know it, Mike.

I DON'T kinow it, if all they were doing was to clean up some language in an existing order. If it was just some benign stuff, WHY would they bother to time it? It could have just as easily been a deadline. Don't mistake this as me having any faith in those clowns. I just don't have much faith in all the conspiracy theories either.

Liberal media is saying this is a combination of a few Executive Orders from Clinton to Hoover combining and restructuring orders that were already in place.

Not sure I can give Obama the benefit of the doubt, though.

It is similar to previous Executive Orders but one of the disturbing modifications are addition of the words "in peacetime."

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

No conspiracy theory here. None of those existing EO's were necessary, either, including the one

Reagan signed.

The timing thing is pure political expediency. He's running for re-election and time determines

headlines, just like most people forget what was done yesterday.

Anyway, EO's can circumvent the congressional oversight process and should always be used

most sparingly for administrative duties, not something that substitutes law. It is, in this case, an

abuse, or taking of power. the "in peacetime" part is particularly troubling.

A good example of a bad use of an EO is the pardon, by Clinton, of known terrorists, but we all

forgot about that, too. That little tidbit was recommended by none other than Eric Holder.

Edited by 6.8 AR

Timing? It's unnusual to finish a task on a Friday afternoon? I think you should loosten the chin strap on that aluminum helmet :pleased:

Some of the most alarming actions by any administration get "announced" on Friday afternoon. It's the easiest way to give it the most cover and yet claim that they weren't hiding it. The most serious stuff gets dumped on the Friday before a three day holiday weekend. That's how it works. Same thing for weekly unemployment numbers. The phony numbers get put out at the end of the week, then in the middle of the next week they get "revised" upward. ALWAYS. Consistently.

Some of the most alarming actions by any administration get "announced" on Friday afternoon. It's the easiest way to give it the most cover and yet claim that they weren't hiding it. The most serious stuff gets dumped on the Friday before a three day holiday weekend. That's how it works. Same thing for weekly unemployment numbers. The phony numbers get put out at the end of the week, then in the middle of the next week they get "revised" upward. ALWAYS. Consistently.

Not disagreeing with that. Just asking why they would critically time something if there's nothing to it. Sounds like there's nothing to this, except the timing.