Remington shotgun feed latch installation HELP!

Anyone in Knoxville area know how and have tools to restake the feed latch on an 1187 I broke tip off of mine and ordered new one just have not clue how or where to start I'll pay too. I called predator gun shop and they are bout month behind and I'm trying to get a gobbler down this month please advise

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be sure to post the results and how you like their service. This is the first I've heard of them.

They're new as of last year. Heard about them through the Orkin guy who sprays the store. Funny story about how I ended up there actually. The Orkin guy and I are friends and we were talking about shooting in the back of the store. He made mention that he found this new store in Seymour that had $120 Mausers for sale, turns out late he meant "Mosins." I dropped everything I was doing to go grab one of these "Mausers," unfortunately they were not Mausers, but Mosin Nagants. Ended up buying one anyway when I was there.
Guest A10thunderbolt

They are new, but busy, i think that says a lot about the owner, Chris seems to know what he is doing. I buy targets and have picked up a little Ammo there.

They are new, but busy, i think that says a lot about the owner, Chris seems to know what he is doing. I buy targets and have picked up a little Ammo there.

Chris is a good guy, and you are correct about them being busy. Honestly I think they have Craig's beat in terms of costumer service. Don't get me wrong though, I do like Craig's a lot but you have to know them.

Chris is a good guy, and you are correct about them being busy. Honestly I think they have Craig's beat in terms of costumer service. Don't get me wrong though, I do like Craig's a lot but you have to know them.

What do you expect from Craig's, they have to deal with LE all day. :)

Seriously though I have always been a fan of Craigs, even though I no longer get the discount I still check with them for stuff. Next time I am out that way I am going to stop by the Rocky Top Armory.

Dolomite

What do you expect from Craig's, they have to deal with LE all day. :)

Seriously though I have always been a fan of Craigs, even though I no longer get the discount I still check with them for stuff. Next time I am out that way I am going to stop by the Rocky Top Armory.

Dolomite

Craig's is the first stop on my list for anything firearm related I might need then Rocky Top. Mainly because I like Craig after a discussion on ammo, and his sense of humor.

Chris is def top notch but I'm not too thrilled with the way his gun smith spoke to me. But I'll give them a pass for my situation bc they didn't have the tool to repair my gun and I'm in a time crunch with turkey season

If anyone knows a gun smith personally that can restake my feed latch soon in the Knox area or close driving distance I'll pay $60-80 to get this done asap I have the new one already

If you PM your address I can mail you the tool if you want to try it yourself. Just send it back when your're done. :)
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks Dave shooter problem solved . I'll mail tool back to you

If he allows...take him up on it and buy him lunch.

It isn't a difficult job to do at all and would hate to see you spend $60 to have someone else do it. (the tool is only $30-40)

My only advice is - line it up and give it 1 or 2 good whacks....don't hammer on it