Glock Slide Refinish

Well I have asked around and I have been told, "Send it to Glock", they will do the best job. So I called today, and I was told, that I could send my slide in, they will tear it apart and replace any parts they think needs to be replaced,refinish it for me (new gen. 3 slide finish), and ship it back to me, in 4-6 weeks, for $45.

That seems like a great price to me. So I think I will be doing this soon. Anyone have any experience with getting their slides refinshed from glock?

Photos of my G30 in it's present state.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is from 4 1/2 years of carrying it in a Kydex holster everyday. I guess I could have clean the inside of the holster better. When I get it back, I will def. be getting a new holster.....something a little softer in side.

I was always under the impression that "a sidearm is a tool, if you daily use a tool it will eventually show wear"...so I thought its ok. But now, I am a little different. My uncle always told me...."After each time you finish working with your tools, clean then.....you made them dirty on company time, you clean them on company time, and that means each time you are done using them, Clean Them!!!".......Well I did that with the gun, but now I want it to look "purdy" again. + I like the new generation 3 finish.

I will be getting a nice Leather holster, once the slide is refinished.....any suggestion. It will have to be a paddle holster, I love them.

Edited by memphismason

Heres a thread on things Glock will do for you... http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=847128 Ive actually found leather to wear finishes more...if you have a quality kydex holster it should only contact the gun in a couple areas..IE the comp-tac CTAC only shows wear on the front end of the trigger guard IMHO. The draw of leather is drastically different. Some prefer it. I like the speed of kydex. Are you going for ITW or OTW?

Heres a thread on things Glock will do for you... http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=847128 Ive actually found leather to wear finishes more...if you have a quality kydex holster it should only contact the gun in a couple areas..IE the comp-tac CTAC only shows wear on the front end of the trigger guard IMHO. The draw of leather is drastically different. Some prefer it. I like the speed of kydex. Are you going for ITW or OTW?

That thread on Glock Talk is actually what peaked my interest. Thanks though. Of course I had to call and confirm what I reading to be fact. $45 sounds to cheap, but don't tell them that.

It will be Outside my Fat Waistband. I recent bought a Ruger P-89 from another member here, and with it was a Safariland Holster, and the inside of it is soft as a baby's bottom, and that it what I was basing my comment on.

Guest bigbuck_tn

Now that is the kind of gun that I like to see. Used well. There is alot of shooting/handling experience built into that one.

Now unless you just want a factory refit and to look purdy I wouldn't bother.

The "finish" on a Glock is just plain ol black phosphate. The Tennifer is the hardening treatment to the metal that is the "real" finish that is under the phospate. The phosphate is just there to show someone who really knows his gun from a poser with a shiny factory new gun.:eek:

Jason...just curious, is your refinish desire purely for cosmetics only?

Yeah it would be for cosmetics only. One benfit would be that Glock would inspect and replace any internal parts, at no extra charge, but the slide refinishing would just be for pruddyness.