Gold 1911 grips...can we say BLING BLING!!!

Guest rebeldrummer

Guest rebeldrummer

ill pass!!!

if the sun caught them just right i would be BLINDED BY THE LIGHT!!!

ha ha ha ha....

these things are just laying around the safe......collecting dust!

Guest rebeldrummer

Oh, those are yours?

I meant...Man, those things are sweet. :biglol:

yea, by mine yes...i own them. but they are NOT on my 1911....they are tucked AWAY in the safe.

they are J Adams...

i looked them up, I guess he used to be the man?? hand engraving these??

i would like them if they were NOT gold plated...just plain pewter look??

Guest rebeldrummer

Just thought that if you had pearl grips which are a sign of a new orleans pimp as observed my Gen. Patton, that these grips might be pimp-er. :)

yes...you are correct...these are def more "PIMP-ER"

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.......

you wanna buy them off me?? !! :)

Guest rebeldrummer

Ill pass. Dont even have a 1911 to put em on.

You might be able to remove the gold plating somehow and have them silverish or pewter or whatever.

i wonder how that works???

you know of anyone on here who specializes in refinishing??

Guest rebeldrummer

In all honestly those may be the ugliest grips I have ever seen photographed! That of course is just my opinion

whhhhaaaaaa.......how dare you!!!!

ha ha ha ha ha.....jk of course! they are rough..but the design on them actually is really nice..

i need to find out how to get that gold plating off of them!!!

Guest rebeldrummer

Oh!...You bought these??? They weren't a gift from an old enemy or something? :rofl: :rofl:

they were a part of a deal for a 1911 I purchased.....they were tucked away UNDER the foam in the box!! ha ha ha...the seller was embarrassed I think???

basically he just gave them to me.....

There is NO WAY ON EARTH i would spend money on these thing!! ha ha ha ha...

Guest rebeldrummer

I see so many of those sets priced at $200 or something like that on Ebay. I'll give you a dollar to take those off your hands.

what?? really?? is it because they are J Adams??

from what I read he was really really good in the day....but I had no idea he was that good if that is the case??!!

I don't know the details drummer, as I never bother to take a detailed look at those ebay adds. But I constantly see these adds when browsing the 1911 grips on ebay for these gold/silver plated grips that someone has listed at buy it now for $199.99. I have no idea if they ever actually sell at that price. I'll bet you there's some idiot somewhere on ebay who thinks gold 1911 grips are really cool and you might be able to get a decent hunk of change if you try sellin em there.