Tennessee Militia

Ok, so is there an above board (no scams or whacko bs), armed, state militia that on can join? If you know of one and don't want to say aloud, please PM me.

If they wouldn't want to say it aloud, would that really be the kind of group you'd want to affiliate with?

If anyone wants to see a list of militia organizations in Tennessee, just check the Southern Poverty Law Center website. They have compiled a detailed list of "patriot movements" in all 50 states including militia groups, Tea Party groups, and political groups including GOOH. Yes, truth be told, many of us are being labeled as dangerous radicals just like the Klan, Skinheads, and Sovereign Citizens.
  • Like 1
Guest ThePunisher
Anyone that owns firearms are going to be labled as dangerous radicals by the Obama communist. If you don't already know, it's us gun owners versus these commies holding power in DC and the commie states. How strong is our group of freedom lovers, only time will tell.
Guest nra37922

I can tell you from experience, that isn't what the state guard is doing today. The guard has 21 M16A1 rifles, and a handful of pistols in it's only armory. They are a batch of rifles given to the state prison system when they got custody of James Earl Ray (killer of Dr King). When the state prison system got better rifles they were transferred to the TN state guard. They have a VERY small ammo budget each year, I'm not even sure it's enough to qualify all their members on a regular basis.

Most of their field equipment is older than you have to be to get a HCP in this state... all early 80's era gear, including protective gear... They aren't training their members for combat (even though most of the units are infantry units on paper).

Honestly, the state is largely the hold up here, unwilling to provide the funding needed, and unwilling to have them train and prepare for their stated goal.

A couple of years back, I was recruited pretty hard by one of their units, including a long sit down with the commanding General, and a few of his aides. Very good group of guys, but they are severely hampered by the state.

As for public NGO militias, there are a few, some are good guys, others are nut jobs, it's pretty easy to Google and find them, and figure out which are which... And there are private groups who are doing preparedness and tactical training throughout the state, again a mixed bag. You just have to listen and ask around in the right places and you'll find those groups. Honestly most of the private groups seem to be better trained and organized IMHO.

The TNSG has no firearms training nor weapons.  The current CG has supposedly, and from a very good connected source, got rid of all the firearms they had.  Most BN units are listed as MP with the Regts being rifle units.  NO combat training but some very good non-war fighting training, depending on REGT and BN.  Pretty good group if you want to still be involved or get involved, in a military organization and desire to be able to help out in case of a disaster, no guarantee of your use though....

I've personally seen the weapons in the Smyrna armory, and knew one of the NCO's (he just passed from cancer a couple of weeks ago) in charged of maintaining those weapons.  This was a few years ago, so they may very well have gotten rid of them, but that would surprise me.  

As I said a few years ago I was recruited heavily by the state guard which included a sit down meeting with General Takasaki and a number of his aides, everyone I met were very professional and trying to make the best of it.  They still had weapons at the time of that meeting, and per the budget I was given by one of the NCO's, they had a small budget for ammo and firearm maintaince each year.  Has that changed since then?  Maybe.

But, as I've said before TNSG has serious structural issues most of which are brought on by the state legislature and TN department of the military, not wanting to have a trained defense force which would handle situations when the National Guard is deployed outside the state.

At the end of the day it wasn't a good fit for me, it might be for some others.  But, don't think you're going to get any weapons or combat training.  And the training they do offer can be had from other organizations.

As for getting called out for a disaster, go look at the 'deployment' record for the state guard, and compare that too the Red Cross or ARES in this state, the state guard is rarely deployed and often unable to get approval to do anything except stand around.

The TNSG has no firearms training nor weapons.  The current CG has supposedly, and from a very good connected source, got rid of all the firearms they had.  Most BN units are listed as MP with the Regts being rifle units.  NO combat training but some very good non-war fighting training, depending on REGT and BN.  Pretty good group if you want to still be involved or get involved, in a military organization and desire to be able to help out in case of a disaster, no guarantee of your use though....