P226 or P30?

hlb14

Have you ever decided on night sights? Went shooting the other night at Coal Creek and it was dark as hell in there. I actually ended up putting my X300 on my P30 and fired a couple hundred rounds with it. Luckily I always carry it in my pocket.

I have looked around at night sights and they seem to be kind of limited for the P30.

Unfortunatly, at the moment Trijicon said they have no plans to make their HD nite sights for the P30, so i decided to go with Meprolights. I might go a diferent route at a later time but these were readily available and cheaper than the other trijicon option that I didn't care much for.

The wife also liked the P30 with medium inserts much more that any P226 she has held. She has carpal tunnal in here wrists which is one of the reasons I chose the HK as it is reportedly one of the softest shooting 9mm's. We will find out this weekend when we take it out to the range for the first time. :cool:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest twpayne75

The wife also liked the P30 with medium inserts much more that any P226 she has held. She has carpal tunnal in here wrists which is one of the reasons I chose the HK as it is reportedly one of the softest shooting 9mm's. We will find out this weekend when we take it out to the range for the first time. :cool:

My wife shot my P30 the other night at Coal Creek. She loves shooting the Sig 226. She didn't say if she liked it any better or not, but she shot it very well.

I also have a P30 9mm, i've owned quite a few guns, i have traded and sold all of the except my HK P30. I don't see myself ever getting rid of it to be honest. Most comfortable gun i've shot, very accurate and i've probably put over a thousand rounds through it, haven't had an issue yet. Only thing i could remember would be a round that didn't go off, but it was the cheap tullammo stuff, so that was the problem. I would like to get a P229 srt though. Been looking lol

Danny

Really you are splitting hairs between the two. The P30 is lighter than the P226, both are extremely accurate and both are very reliable. For me it comes down to the company. Sig has excellent CS and seems to care about their consumers. HK... not so much.

Guest twpayne75

Really you are splitting hairs between the two. The P30 is lighter than the P226, both are extremely accurate and both are very reliable. For me it comes down to the company. Sig has excellent CS and seems to care about their consumers. HK... not so much.

I own several and have owned several more examples of each companies offerings. I do prefer HK as I carry them daily and generally the Sigs sit at home. I have never had to deal with Sigs customer service so I can't speak for them, but rarely do you hear anyone complaining. I have spoke with HK on a couple occasions and they were way more than helpful. I have never had a problem with an HK, but I have called them for parts and to ask questions.

Lately my problem with Sig seems to be their poor quality control. Yes, I have heard they will fix anything in an instant. But had they taken the appropriate steps on the front end, they would not have to fix so much.

Their recent offerings just piss me off and have made me all but not consider buying Sigs at all. Between their Rainbow Bright models, the Scorpions, Nightmares, Tacops, Diamond Tread, Combat, etc., etc., etc, I feel like they are more into gimmick marketing than producing quality firearms. Still trying to figure out the point of hiring Cohen or whatever his name was from Kimber. It's not like he did great things for them.

I currently own a Sig 228R, 229R, 220R, and 226R. All of them are great guns that I have the utmost confidence in. But every morning when I leave there is a P30 tucked neatly into my pants.

To each their own.

When was the last time you dealt with HK customer service? There were issues in the distant past but HK has corrected them. I’ve had multiple dealings with HK USA over the last four years and they have been nothing but great.

Edited by PC7