Recommend me a set of sights

Haven't got around to buying any, but think I'd really like Truglo TFO. Tritium and fiberoptic as well. In the pictures the fiberoptic rods look pretty well protected. Kinda wish Truglo would make TFO's for more models of gun. I have night sights on the G17 already and don't shoot the G17 much anyway. The G17 night sights are no more visible in daytime than ordinary sights. There are several pistols I shoot more, would consider trying TFO's for range in addition to the night-sight capability, but they only make em for certain "big selling" lines of pistols.

I have those on both of my Glocks. I love them, the fiber optic gives them a nice bright "glow" during daylight, and at night when there's little to no light the tritium does the same. They are also pretty low profile which I like.

Another vote for the TruGlo TFO. I've had them on my Glock 27 for a month and no regrets so far. I knew they would be great at night, but what really surprised me was how much faster you can acquire the sights during the day also.

G19.jpg

10.jpg

Those look great! I was nervous at first about getting the "straight eight" style sight but I will have to say my eyes seem to focus on it better. I was and still am having to work through my left eye trying to take over but with these my eyes seem to line up two dots better than three. The only reason I didn't go with the TFO was for fear of me breaking the rods in them. I practice racking the slide on my belt and all of that and have broken fiber optic sights before like that. The TFO's may be better protected than what I was using before though. Again thanks for all the advice. I believe you helped me make a great decision.

Those look great! I was nervous at first about getting the "straight eight" style sight but I will have to say my eyes seem to focus on it better. I was and still am having to work through my left eye trying to take over but with these my eyes seem to line up two dots better than three. The only reason I didn't go with the TFO was for fear of me breaking the rods in them. I practice racking the slide on my belt and all of that and have broken fiber optic sights before like that. The TFO's may be better protected than what I was using before though. Again thanks for all the advice. I believe you helped me make a great decision.

Understand.

Yes, the TFO’s would probably be sacrificed for a one-hand rack. I rationalize this by thinking the odds are a lot higher to have to get a good sight picture rather than the odds to having to rack my slide with one hand. If I’m hurt and have to one hand rack, then my threat is probably very close and I won’t need my broken TFO sights anyway. Just my opinion.

Edited by RadarP3C

I definitely agree with you on the odds and not needing the sights in a close quarters situation but I still practice for it regardless and will just mess up the sights in practice. I wouldn't necessarily say I have a bad sight picture though. (I know you didn't imply that either). :up:

I definitely agree with you on the odds and not needing the sights in a close quarters situation but I still practice for it regardless and will just mess up the sights in practice. I wouldn't necessarily say I have a bad sight picture though. (I know you didn't imply that either). :up:

Yes, forgot to mention that for practice, use a different gun without the TFO's.

I'll get a picture up as soon as I can get one taken but I got them installed today. I just used pliers on the fron sight as opposed to grinding down a socket to fit. Do I need to get it EXTRA tight or just as tight as possible with the pliers. I did use loc-tite on it.

The rear sight went in with no sanding. I used a wooden vice and a wooden dowel/punch thing to knock it in with no scarring.

Using Loctite should be good. Did you use blue or red. Blue is usually easier to break loose if you need to in the future.