Factory Threaded Bolt Action .22 Options

What have you guys been using with your cans? I'm thinking a factory threaded gun would be cheaper than buying a gun and threading the barrel. I'm also a little concerned about cutting out the front sight post on a gun that was not intended to be threaded. Looks like that's my only option with my 10/22 and want to avoid this with a bolt action.

I have heard good things about the CZ452, but not sure if I have other options.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can buy any number of threaded barrel styles for the 10/22. Long, short, with FS, without, blued, stainless, etc.

If you want a bolt-action, several models of the Savage MKII come with a threaded barrel. I think I remember seeing a Marlin bolt-action with one as well.

As a person who has bought threaded as well as had non threaded guns threaded the best way to go is buy what you want then have a smith thread it. The cost difference is so minimal between buying or having it done. About the only one that I would consider already threaded is an ER Shaw 10/22 barrel, not because it is better but because it is CHEAP. The ER Shaw threaded barrels run under $110 generally.

This will ensure the thread job is concentric to the bore. I have bought factory threaded models before and got baffle strikes. Also, by having it threaded you can have the barrel shortened to what you want.

If you are worried about the front sight, any smith capable of threading your barrel can install a front sight.

For Factory guns CZ, Savage, Remington now has one and Ruger makes a few pistols.

But I would have a barrel threaded before I bought one again.

Dolomite