Are you proud of America?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GUTTERbOY

I am proud of this country. I am proud of the tenets and principles upon which it was founded. On the other hand, I am not specifically proud of many things going on today. Among these things are the widespread apathy and self-centered nature of my fellow citizens. These things have manifested themselves in a fair number of policies and laws with which I vehemently disagree. These specific things do not incite pride in me; instead, they incite distaste, frustration, and sometimes outright anger.

But then, in some twisted way, I am proud that our country is imperfect. At the end of the day, despite my dissatisfaction with the current state of our country, I have faith that our society will be self-righting. I believe that we can keep this country from falling apart; I believe that we can and will right our wrongs.

America will never be perfect, for a multitude of reasons. Perfection is in and of itself a moving target, a nigh-unattainable goal. What I believe is that the structure of this government will allow us to continue to oscillate around that goal. Fluctuation is going to be a fact of life; there will be better times, there will be worse times.

I'm not going to speculate on whether we're on the downswing or the upswing, whether we've hit my personal version of rock bottom or not. That's not the point at all. The point, rather, is that as an active citizen, I will continue to do my damndest to right the things I perceive as wrong, and to involve and convince my fellow citizens to do the same. I have no illusions that this is an easy process. It's not a cakewalk. It will take hard work and sacrifice, and a dedication to the goal of preserving the American life.

Our way of life is an ideal worth preserving, and for all the imperfections past, present, and future, I believe in it and will not allow my faith in our country to be broken. Call me an optimist, naive, whatever- I'm not giving up. And I hope no one else will either.

In short, I am proud of America. You're damned right I am.

The faults of the USA people and government are many. However, this is still the best place on earth, with the best government, and the nicest people. People here are always ready to jump in and help those who are in trouble. Especially people in the South. I'm not PROUD to be an American. PROUD or pride, is a dangerous word. The Bible reminds us that "pride goes before a fall." I would rather say I APPRECIATE the USA, and I'm grateful that God let me be born here instead of somewhere else. I'm also COMMITTED to making the USA a better place, in my own little way. In a way, too, I'm still a bit riled at those Yankees and their war of aggression. They really messed up the country. I like to say I'm a US citizen by birth, and Southern by the grace of God. What I appreciate most about the USA is our Bill of Rights. I hope we can hang on to them in the next decade.

Have you seen films of Chinese dropping everything to help their brethren after the earthquake?

Thats the best quote in this thread! Simply because you dont see that in other places.I remember the mass efforts from us on the tsunami relief.Not only from our government but from our people.You will not see another country in this world do that,and then have the people in other country's donate there money,and time to help other places.

I met a woman the other day who handles pro bono cases for people without means. Her client is forty something works for a little above minimum wage and has no insurance. This lady has cancer and the only way for her to get treated was to lie and claim to be an illegal. At this point she recieved treatment and her meds for nothing. This is the greatest nation in the world unless your born here. I love my country and my younger years were spent reading every history book or biography i could find. I still tear up during the national anthem. This country is nothing like our founding fathers intended. The slow grinding of our constitution into dust has taken its toll. We have been sold out and if you cant see that then im sorry for you. say goodbye to liberty, and hello to the North American Union and the amero.

Guest canynracer
I am proud of this country. I am proud of the tenets and principles upon which it was founded. On the other hand, I am not specifically proud of many things going on today. Among these things are the widespread apathy and self-centered nature of my fellow citizens. These things have manifested themselves in a fair number of policies and laws with which I vehemently disagree. These specific things do not incite pride in me; instead, they incite distaste, frustration, and sometimes outright anger.

But then, in some twisted way, I am proud that our country is imperfect. At the end of the day, despite my dissatisfaction with the current state of our country, I have faith that our society will be self-righting. I believe that we can keep this country from falling apart; I believe that we can and will right our wrongs.

America will never be perfect, for a multitude of reasons. Perfection is in and of itself a moving target, a nigh-unattainable goal. What I believe is that the structure of this government will allow us to continue to oscillate around that goal. Fluctuation is going to be a fact of life; there will be better times, there will be worse times.

I'm not going to speculate on whether we're on the downswing or the upswing, whether we've hit my personal version of rock bottom or not. That's not the point at all. The point, rather, is that as an active citizen, I will continue to do my damndest to right the things I perceive as wrong, and to involve and convince my fellow citizens to do the same. I have no illusions that this is an easy process. It's not a cakewalk. It will take hard work and sacrifice, and a dedication to the goal of preserving the American life.

Our way of life is an ideal worth preserving, and for all the imperfections past, present, and future, I believe in it and will not allow my faith in our country to be broken. Call me an optimist, naive, whatever- I'm not giving up. And I hope no one else will either.

In short, I am proud of America. You're damned right I am.

WOW....just Wow...

Well said.... and +1

Guest Hooker

Americans lead other countries in personal generosity. In general we are not tolerant of corruption, especially at the local level, unlike most other countries. We are overly concerned with what is fair and just. We dislike extremes. We have purged ourselves of racism and anti-semitism to a remarkable degree.

We continue to enjoy a level of personal and political freedom that 95% of the world only dreams about. We have a level of economic security unknown in world history.

The pantywaists and nay-sayers would have you think the country is going to hell in a handbasket. They would tell you big corporations control everything and the deck is stacked against you. Don't believe it. They are venting their own frustrations over their lack of personal achievements. This is the greatest country in the world. That's why so many people risk life and limb to get here. Never forget it.

Yes americans are very generous, but this american is tired of giving.

We do have a diminishing level of personal and political freedoms that 95%of the world dreams about. All of our personal freedoms now come with a financial price tag attached to them and our political freedoms on a nationwide level are as poor and corrupt as they have ever been. Our government isnt only run by the big corporations it in itself is a corporation.

As far as pantywaist and nay sayers I am sure there are enough of them around preaching their beliefs.

I not only know that as a white american the deck is stacked against me, but the government and most corporations prove it each time they hand a contract over to a minority. I am not venting my frustrations over my lack of personal achievements, I am a very successful business owner at a fairly young age, and not because any thing was handed to me, I get up everyday and work hard because my family and millions of others depend on me for support. I am venting because I am tired of footing the bill for all the people that come here and the ones that are born here, that decide me and the other hard working americans owe them a living!

Yes americans are very generous, but this american is tired of giving.

We do have a diminishing level of personal and political freedoms that 95%of the world dreams about. All of our personal freedoms now come with a financial price tag attached to them and our political freedoms on a nationwide level are as poor and corrupt as they have ever been. Our government isnt only run by the big corporations it in itself is a corporation.

As far as pantywaist and nay sayers I am sure there are enough of them around preaching their beliefs.

I not only know that as a white american the deck is stacked against me, but the government and most corporations prove it each time they hand a contract over to a minority. I am not venting my frustrations over my lack of personal achievements, I am a very successful business owner at a fairly young age, and not because any thing was handed to me, I get up everyday and work hard because my family and millions of others depend on me for support. I am venting because I am tired of footing the bill for all the people that come here and the ones that are born here, that decide me and the other hard working americans owe them a living!

You're just going to have to come up with something better than a "diminishing level of freedom." You have far more freedom than your parents in the 1950s had. I have more than mine did, I can tell you that.

This is especially so with economic freedom. Remember regulated air fares? Regulated phone service? Regulated stock broker commissions?

You work hard and you're succesful. Great. You probably never worry about the gov't just stepping in one day and taking your business. Happens every day other places. You never worry that the contracts you sign wont be enforced because the legal system is too corrupt. You dont worry that the dollar you take in today will be worthless tomorrow.

Yes, the entitlement mentality is annoying, and will probably be the downfall of this country eventually. I dont know what the answer to that is.

Guest Grizzly Johnson
You're just going to have to come up with something better than a "diminishing level of freedom." You have far more freedom than your parents in the 1950s had....

You work hard and you're succesful. Great. You probably never worry about the gov't just stepping in one day and taking your business....... You dont worry that the dollar you take in today will be worthless tomorrow.

quote]

Well I am proud to be an American, but I not proud of the way its being run, and thanks to the way greed and corruption has saturated our government, this country IS going to hell in a handbasket!!

I bet your parents didnt have to worry about locking the doors in the 1950's in fear of some punk a$$ thug breaking in and shooting them for money or something of value so he could score his next fix!!

Who knows what Hooker does for a living, I don't but being a businessman hell yes he has to worry about his dollar being worthless tomorrow!!

We have men and women past and present fighting and being killed for the freedoms we have. But we also have wars going on INSIDE the country by domestic terriorists that need to be fought. Gangs, thugs, deadbeats, and drug pushers killing our own citizens every day, but you dont see that all over CNN News all day and all night. I do see the news on channels 2,4,5 and there is ALWAYS someone being talked about getting shot, robbed, killed, carjacked, or whatever else and its rediculous!! Criminals have no worries about going to jail because thanks to our joke of a judicial system, jail time is like a vacation until they get to go out and do it again....

Kids are growing up watching tv that has nothing but drugs, sex, and violence teaching them what to do when they get old enough. It's nothing like even when I was a kid, we didnt have school shootings and krap like that going on.

The laws we have to live by are so choked with BS that the average person can't even read or understand them.

Screw the government, ACLU, Gangs, Dealers, and who ever else that don't like this .........Wake up America!!

I am a lifetime member of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)