East Tn TGO Members JUNE 2008 Meet

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 70below and I are going to try to make it, if no one has any objections. We normally shoot on Saturdays anyway, and we'd love to meet some of you folks. Is anyone ever going to respond to all the requests for the start time? How about the location of the BBQ joint?

Seaslug you all are more than welcome to attend. Phantom6 is kind enough to supply the range and and help set up details. I have no doubt he will be posting up something in regard to start time and BBQ in a day or so.

Normally we meet to eat at about 11 AM and head over to the range after that. And we shoot until the bullets run out or until you have had enough.

It was not posted here, but there is a 10 dollar range fee as well.

Money well spent IMHO.

Hope to see you all there

Guest grimel

It was not posted here, but there is a 10 dollar range fee as well.

Not if you get stung by the &*&%^&**(^%^& *(*^^**( bees helping to set up.

Ever see a fatman doing the herky jerky bee get out of my pants dance? It ain't pretty. Phantom bombed the buggers.

Guest grimel
Grimel will you replicate that for us Saturday?

Might be entertaining.

Some things just can't be replicated. I nearly re-injured my shoulder flailing around.

Guest 70below

Seaslug is right, I'm going to try to make it out barring any unforeseen circumstances. How much range is there to shoot? 100yds? More? Less?

I might be able to make this one guys! I was supposed to be going down to Gray Ga, to be there for a nephews' birthday, but they may be coming up this way. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!! It would be great to be back in Knoxville for a shoot, for a change! And phantom, I if I can get there, I'll bring the thunder5 too..:D

Guest Phantom6

OK folks here's the scoop on lunch. It's Cptn. Toms in oliver Springs which is just North of Oak Ridge. He's got pork, chicken, beef, ribbs and pulled. He also makes killer wings and his sides (2-3 different types of potato salads, 2-3 different types of cole slaw, baked beans, BBQ Beans and seasoned green beans and more) are to die for. Everything made from scratch onsite. Eastern & Western NC style sauces plus his own "house sauce". Your choice and nothing is pre-sauced. Cptn Tom is usually found at his smokers just outside and to the left of the dining room. Arrive by 11:30 and eat then head for the range which is a straight shot down Poplar Creek Rd. from Cptn. Toms. No need to unstrap upon entering. Cptn Tom is firearm friendly. Just don't shoot the smokers cause he said he will return fire at that point.

See maps below-

Cptn_Toms_01.jpg

Cptn_Toms_02.jpg

Cptn_Toms_03.jpg

Hope everyone can make it.

Oh, Cody, let's leave the dish at home. Too many parts to try to pick up ya see.

Mike, if you want to go on down to the range and meet the others down there that will be fine with me. You'll need to stop by and pick up a key though. I'm tellin' ya though, this ain't no Buddy's BBQ. This is the real stuff. He also makes a grand chili. The recipe came out of a west Tennessee roadhouse from back in the early sixties. The guy that owned it had been making this chili there since the 20's and his secret was closely guarded. Folks used to travel from KY, AR, MS, AL and MO for that chili. Though people were sure that the old guy had taken the recipe to the grave with him, the owner's wife passed Tom the recipe after the dude died.

Look for the ATF RTV (Austin's Tennessee Firearms Range Transport Vehicle):D in the parking lot. See y'all there.

Guest Phantom6
Seaslug is right, I'm going to try to make it out barring any unforeseen circumstances. How much range is there to shoot? 100yds? More? Less?

We have about 80 yds to shoot but there is a tree down at about 6e yds that you will have to climb over to place targets at the back. Range fee to the landowner is $10 to shoot all day. Shoot anything except AP and tracer rounds.

Guest bkelm18

I've had Captn Toms before. Great BBQ. Wish I could make this one... or any of them for that matter, haha. One of the benefits of having a crappy job at a zoo. I get to work Saturdays, haha. Hopefully that will change soon.

Guest c.a.s.

Last minute might not be able to go. I have private matters to take care of that might impede. besides, ammo count is low. I'll try to talk Mom into going so she actually gets to shoot some herself, and talk with Mike.

We'll miss you 2, well maybe not Mars so much. :) I hope your mom gets to feeling better bro.

Thanks Dotsun. She's in a nursing home with Alzheimer's. Spent a week in the hospital recently. She used to be a brilliant lady. It's really sad seeing her this way. But you have to go with what you got. What's the old saying about wishing in one hand? :)

Guest Phantom6

Sorry that we'll miss you again Marswolf. My wife and I feel your pain. We were forced to place my mother-in-law in a nursing home due to her Alzheimer's last week. We just could not care for her at home any more. If only my wife's SIX brothers and sisters had lifted a finger or at least a checkbook to lend some assistance. :)

It liked to broke my wife's heart and mine as well.:)

Guest Mech48

I am sorry I have to bow out too. I have been sick the last two days, was hoping to be better by today but no dice. I'll catch the next shoot though. Have fun, be safe.

Guest c.a.s.

My personal problem resolved itself last night, but I seem to have caught a stomach bug. Got a small fever, and stomach pains. As well, various pains through out my body. They aren't too bad, though, unless I was doing any heavy labor. The main thing is this headache behind my right eye, it is very annoying, because I can barely focus on the screen right now

My personal problem resolved itself last night, but I seem to have caught a stomach bug. Got a small fever, and stomach pains. As well, various pains through out my body. They aren't too bad, though, unless I was doing any heavy labor. The main thing is this headache behind my right eye, it is very annoying, because I can barely focus on the screen right now

Bet you'll wear a rubber next time! :D