USPSA Match in Dickson 11 & 12 August

The North Tennessee Practical Shooters will host our monthly USPSA match on the 11th & 12th of August in Dickson.

Stage diagrams will be posted some time next week. Plan on 120ish rounds, with lots of variety in stage design.

Registration will open 8:00ish both days, shooters meeting at 8:45, first shots at 9:00.

More info at our web site: www.ntps.org

See you at the range,

Aaron

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have shot several IDPA matches and I am an IDPA member. Would I need to join USPSA to shoot my first USPSA match? I shoot a 9mm 1911 STI Spartan with 10rd mags. Any information like gun class or tips would be great.

Thanks.

I have shot several IDPA matches and I am an IDPA member. Would I need to join USPSA to shoot my first USPSA match? I shoot a 9mm 1911 STI Spartan with 10rd mags. Any information like gun class or tips would be great.

Thanks.

You don't have to be USPSA member to shoot USPSA club matches, just sanctioned ones.

Unless your Spartan has some weird modifications it is legal for all USPSA divisions except Production and Revolver.

Come on out next weekend and have fun!

NTPS.org

Thanks.

I shot my first NTPS match with a 9mm STI Trojan. It is perfect for single stack division. Your Spartan is great too. It is also technically legal in 3 other divisions (Limited, Limited-10, and Open), so if you want to shoot twice for score in one day you are welcome to do so. You'll need more mags for this game than for IDPA. I start with 5 for a 32-round stage. If you need extras just let me know and I'll bring some of mine for you to borrow.

Match dates 11 & 12 August...two day match? or same match, two different opportunities to shoot it? New to the area...

Same match, 4 different opportunities to shoot.

We shoot both days, two sessions each day. You can shoot either day or both, either session or both. You can shoot the match multiple times with multiple guns, or with the same gun in different divisions, or the same gun once for score then more for fun.

This is a fairly unique setup. Most other clubs shoot once and you're done. Our approach gives us flexibility and lets us shoot more.

Schedule both days is registration opens at 8:00, shooters meeting at 8:45, first shots 9:00ish. Second session begins roughly an hour after the first session ends, generally 12:30ish, depending on number of shooters, round count, and many other variables. If you plan to shoot second session only, it's better to show up early just in case the first session finishes early.

Lots of new faces today, and great weather. Thanks for coming out to shoot. Round two starts tomorrow morning, same bat time, same bat channel.

PM me if you have feedback about the match, good or bad.

Thanks,

Aaron

Had a lot of fun shooting my first USPSA match today. If you are thinking about going, do it and you will not regret it. High round count is a lot of fun and the stages were great and showed how much more that I need to shoot.

Thanks to Aaron and all of the others guys that set this up.

I found a magazine at the range Sunday morning. I was the first one there, so it must have been lost Saturday. Let me know if you are missing one and describe it, and we'll figure out how to get it back to you.

Thanks again to al the new shooters - hope to see you again at the next match.

Aaron