Glock vs XD

wareagle

Guest triggertime

I'm surprised that none of you have commented on the fact that when a part

breaks on an XD, you have to send it back to Springfield to get it fixed.

With a Glock, spare parts are easy to find just about everywhere and are

easily replaced. This is why Glock dominates both the LEO and civilian market.

Until Springfield ponies up and starts releasing parts on the open market that any average Joe can purchase and install, they will never catch up to Glock or or even to the Smith and Wesson's M&P series.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised that none of you have commented on the fact that when a part

breaks on an XD, you have to send it back to Springfield to get it fixed.

With a Glock, spare parts are easy to find just about everywhere and are

easily replaced. This is why Glock dominates both the LEO and civilian market.

Until Springfield ponies up and starts releasing parts on the open market that any average Joe can purchase and install, they will never catch up to Glock or or even to the Smith and Wesson's M&P series.

Probably because I haven't had any parts break on my XD :)

Anyone here had their XD break yet?

Glock dominates because they have been selling those mainstream pistols since the early 80s.

I'm not trying to start an arguement here or a Ford vs Chevy pissing contest, but "catch up" to M&P? I'm assuming you mean number of guns sold.

How do you figure since the M&P has only been around about a year and a half whereas the XD/HS2000 has been around since 99? I don't know anyone who owns an M&P online or in person, but I know at least 5 people personally who own XDs.

Anyone know where to find the sales numbers of Glocks and/or Springfield XDs per year to the general public?

The Smith & Wesson M&P sales won't be anywhere near either one, but I'd venture to say it is very likely that the OTC sales numbers (per year) between the XD and Glock are closing rapidly, or possibly already surpassed.

Nope, none of my XDs have broken or required return to SA. And I have only heard of a handful which did. However, I do hear about Glocks being worked-on by armorers for one reason or another, on a regular basis... Biggest difference is that the SA has a lifetime warranty, and fewer small parts inside to break.