Thinking bout getting a safe.

Guest eyebedam

Guest eyebedam

Ive been toying witht he idea of getting a decent little pistol safe. Ive got three daughters & theres kids all te time in & out of the house & id really like a secure place to keep my pistols. Right now there kinda stratigicly placed throughtout. Im kinda wanting something that will hold 6 to 8 pistols. I dont want a huge safe just something I can lock my pistols up in. Any ideas or suggestions of places I could go to check out some safes? Im not wanting to spend a ton of money maybe somewhere in the 175.00 or less range. I did see 1 @ Wally world but I want to check out some others first.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that link. Im thinking something along the lines of this type of design would probably work best. I wonder if they sell these in the store or if its online only? If I do go this route id probably line it with foam or somethig.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=96846

I was just in Harbor Freight in Donelson, last week. They had several models in stock.

I love that store.

I have a safe from HF.Its cheap but it does its job well.Had it for nearly 4 or 5 years I suppose.Its had the same batteries it came with still in it and still working.

Just keep in mind these are not fire safes,but will work well to keep un-wanted hands off of them

Guest bkelm18

I read somewhere that those fire ratings are a bit misleading. The amount of time they list isn't how long they tested it at the rated temperature. Like, say they said 1,000 degrees for 1 hour, that means they slowly raised the temp up to 1,000 degrees over the course of an hour and not just let it bake at 1,000 deg for an hour. I forget where I read that but it was interesting, whether its true or not is beyond me.