favorite smells

i spent yesterday afternoon and most of this afternoon plinking with my grandson.

I just realized how much I truly enjoy the aroma of smokeless powder. Now it ain't black powder, no fair to compare to that. But I tell you I enjoy the kick of aroma that comes from .22's.

Dang I enjoyed the last couple days. probably got 800 rounds downrange.

His single shot rate of fire has really increased as that rifle breaks in. I bet we esploded 30 or 40 beer and soda cans so far. If he comes back over tomorrow it will be more of the same.

My favorite target is a big ass baked bean can full of water. Aim high to make it last and when you get hits it pops the crap out of water inside. Very reactive as far as .22 targets go.

Nothing like an afternoon of .22 plinking

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest canynracer

Sounds like fun!!

I took my 6yr old to the range for the first time today, she shot the little pink rifle they had for rent, then we moved to the tarus 22 revolver they had in the case, she REALLY liked the revolver...it was a lot of fun!!! she is a natural!! Course, now I gotta go buy a 22...LOL

Glad you had a good day too!!

Guest sling

Hmm. Smokeless powder is definitely one of my favorites. Whatever kind of powder Hornday uses in their .17 HMR sure smells sweet.

Guest Brian@GunDepot

The smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like victory...

(lol... love that movie, couldn't resist)

Not all smokeless powder smells sweet.Whatever Wolf uses in their 7.62x39 could be used for mosquito repelent.

I thought it was just me. I brought one of my ARs home and forgot to clean it until the next day. I wondered why my safe stunk so bad

The smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like victory...

(lol... love that movie, couldn't resist)

Noooooooooooo!!!!! Someone beat me to it!!!!

[ame=

]
[/ame] Edited by PaiMei
Guest Bronker

When I was a teenager, my dad took me on my first mule deer hunt just outside of Forsyth, Montana. A real working ranch by day, full of bucks. My first trip out west, etc.

There was a bunkhouse that was a short walk across a barn lot where the showers were. After my first day, I headed for a shower there. There was one bar of soap laying in this rinky-dink shower. It was a bar of LEVER 2000.

The Original LEVER 2000... not that froo-froo "mystic-breeze-" crap. The ORIGINAL!!!

You take that smell, and add in a few whisps of fresh sage, and I can keep my brain occupied for days. I even keep a bar of it in my cabinet, and a bottle of fresh ground sage. I don't use LEVER 2000 everyday, because I don't want to kill the memory.

So, the LEVER 2000 and fresh Montana sage...that's my poison.

I grew up racing motorcycles and flying airplanes. The smell of racing oil, castor oil and racing gas is still in my head. I also love the smell of oil burning off the cylinders of an old radial engine.

I love the smell of leather. I also love the smell of a good cigar or a nice pipe tobacco.