Lost a coworker and Friend today

top_stories_320x240.jpg

WZTV FOX 17 - Top Stories

"Investigators identified the woman found shot to death outside her south Nashville apartment Friday morning as 43-year-old Dalia Gutierrez Sanchez who investigators say worked at the maximum security Riverbend Prison since 2006.

The facility is home to 600 maximum and minimum security inmates including the majority of Tennessee's death row inmates.

Metro police say it's too soon to tell if her job had anything to do with her death but are asking for public's help in bringing to justice a man they say shot and killed Gutierrez-Sanchez in front of her own home.

Police say the veteran officer was fatally shot outside her home at the Longwood apartments in south Nashville just after 4:30 a.m. Friday. Police say her purse was taken and the gunman ran off and was last seen on Wallace road.

"We are saddened by officer Gutierrez s death," said Derrick Schofield, the commissioner of the Tennessee Department of Correction. "Our thoughts and prayers are with her family."

Detectives said they are working with witnesses to get an accurate description of the suspect and ask anyone with information to call crime stoppers at 74-CRIME."

Dalia was a coworker and Friend.She had children and a zest for life. She worked hard for her family, Riverbend and part time with us. My understanding is the motive, be it robbery or possibly retribution from her work as a prison guard is still unknown. Either way she did not deserve to go this way, alone and in the dark. I would ask all my fellow members, remember her and her family in their prayers this weekend.

This senseless and brutal act I hope reinforces the reasons each and every one of us carry's, to protect ourselves and our loved ones. There are those out there that have no regard for their man.

If this is in the wrong forum or format, please feel free to correct, as i have never posted with a add on or such.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic