Keltec P-11

Guest mikedwood

Guest mikedwood

Does anyone else here have a P-11? I like the size but that's where it ends.

I hate this gun. I got it brand new and it didn't feed bullets well. Had a friend polish the ramp and it will feed Round ball, hollow points just stop on the ramp about half way. The trigger pull is Heck (would use stonger language but I respect you guys). It's wildly in accurate and a pain to shoot. (compared to my stubbie, that's fair right?)

It would be Ok for deep carry 9mm I suppose except it may work and it may not when you need it. Probably not. I have a Keltec sub 2000 I love with all my heart. This P11 is the worst gun I have ever owned and I have had a Hi-point which was dead on accurate but jammed on the 4th round with out fail:wall::wall::wall:.

I'm just wondering but does anyone else have one?

I'd sell it but I don't wanna sell it to anyone on here a piece of junk like this thing is. I found a nnnniiiicceeeee 10/22 at a pawn shop I might trade it for. :D

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had one and I liked it a lot. The trigger is indeed long and heavy, but overall never had any problems.

Send it back to KT and they will make it run 100% like most of them do. KT has a great customer service rep and will make it right.

That being said it is either love or hate with the P11's.

Guest tokarev

You can send it back to the factory if you've got problems. They have a very good warranty program, although, in the close to seven years of carry and between 2 to 3 thousand rounds fired from mine, I've never had to do so.

Most of the rounds fired through mine have been the Remmy or Winny FMJ cheap stuff from Walmart with a few hundred Wolf rounds thrown in. I have fired a few hundred rounds of my carry load, Federal's personal defense, with no failures also.

This is my everyday carry weapon. I installed a belt clip (ordered from the factory website) and I carry it at the waist just in front of my right hip where it disappears under just a tee shirt.

The trigger pull is looonng. It's a DAO type with no manual safety. Like a good revolver, only lighter and more compact. At the last TGO shoot, I found out that it's lighter with a full ten round mag inserted than an empty Kahr with the mag removed.

As for how accurate? Mine does fine at 10 yards or less with 2 1/2 inches or so if I do my part. I never intended it to be used as a target pistol. More as a "get them off me" tool.

I like mine.

Here's a link to a Kel-Tec forum if you'd like to find out more about them

http://www.ktog.org/

Guest mikedwood

Thanks for the replies. Glad to know that I didn't make a terrible choice. Maybe I just got a bad one. I do love my KT 2000. I was excited when I got it.

I may send it back as I really like the size. I may trade it as I don't want to mess with it.

With mine when I shoot it, pulling the trigger I make the nose dive a lot. Seems to be the angle and the way I grip it or something. I have a SW 9VE with a long trigger pull that doesn't bother me. It's the angle of pull or something just odd.

The good news is they have gone up in the last few weeks from what I have seen at the local gun shops.

Guest kwikrnu
At the last TGO shoot, I found out that it's lighter with a full ten round mag inserted than an empty Kahr with the mag removed.

Kel-tec P11 specs

Kahr 9mm specs

Kahr has their heaviest polymer 9mm handgun at 18 oz w/o a magazine. Kel-Tec has the P11 listed at 20 oz loaded...

Edited by kwikrnu
Guest tokarev

Voldemort- To tell the truth, I don't know the model and I can't even tell you who it was that had shone their's to me. (I don't know which model, because I've never been interested in the Kahrs) As for the weighing. Both the owner of the Kahr and I just compared the way the two pistols felt in our hands. I do recall that he seemed to be surprised by the results.

I'm not knocking Kahr pistols. I understand that they are fine weapons, I'm just happy with my Kel-Tec.

Guest jth_3s

I had one of these and I hated it. The trigger pull was ridiculous and it pinched your finger when you shot it. I believe it is the most inaccurate gun I have ever fired I couldnt group any shots with it period. I only shot remmington UMC and it never jammed.

I had one of these and I hated it. The trigger pull was ridiculous and it pinched your finger when you shot it. I believe it is the most inaccurate gun I have ever fired I couldnt group any shots with it period.

Ditto.

Is the p-9 any better?

I had a couple of different p11s until I settled on a black frame with parkerized upper. I did send it back for a trigger reset issue (after I dropped it).

Kel-Tec customer service is FANTASTIC.

They installed steel guide rod, polished feed ramp, and put in an 8.5 trigger spring at NO COST just by asking.

I've had the pistol about 10 years or so. I have never had a FTE, FTF, etc.

For the money-you would be hard pressed to buy equal reliability and firepower.

ETB

I've had two P-11s and loved both. Why don't I still have one? Well, I'm always short of money, and I like to trade guns, and one thing leads to another. The P-11 does have a tough trigger, and it's not terribly accurate. But for close-up self-defense it is a winner, if you have one that is reliable. Mine were both reliable pistols. Now I'm carrying a PF-9 in my pocket (except on Sundays, when the P3AT takes over).

http://www.mouseguns.com/ideal.htm

Edited by mousegunner
fix link

hi,

i've had 2 of them over the last few years and they're fine for their intended purpose as a self defense weapon. they are light and easily concealed.

they are definitely not a range gun. the dao trigger pull is hard to get used to and if you shot it a lot you'll have a sore finger for sure.

a 'fluff & buff' and a little mag 'tweeking' will go a long way toward making it more dependable.

a nice feature is they will take the S&W 12 or 15 rd hi-caps mags for extra grip and firepower.

don't have one any longer but a lot of people swear by them and they're relatively cheap.

bob

Hello;

Had mine for a few months and something short of 1k so far. Haven't had any issues yet. Carry it fairly regular.. gotta make up my mind between it and my cz-82. The trigger takes some getting used to, but accuracy has been acceptable (2-3" at 10 yards or so) without a huge effort.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I have one and mine does the same thing with hollow points but I've not had any other problems with it. I am looking to trade it for a Sig 229 40 cal and then I won't have to worry about the thing. If you can't trust it, you don't want it!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest roger519

HA,i have owned a p11 since about 1996 or so.i sent mine back to the factory and had the lighter spring installed.i installed a trigger shoe and a grip extension to the magazine.have run a few thousand rounds through her.have tryed some holsters but like the belt clip best of all.for a carry gun i am realy pleased with my p11.hope you enjoy yours as much.