Stolen gun recovered

I got some great news today after loosing my job last Friday.

I was doing some side work for a customer today and I get a call from the Blount Co Sheriff's Dept. The detective asks if I am the one who's case they worked on alomost 2 years ago (we were robbed). I said yes its me and my case. He procedes to tell me that the Clinton police contacted them and said they recoverd one of my guns stolen back in Jan 2011. He asked a few questions about the insurance situation and all went well. Now I just need to contact the insurance co and see what I have to do to buy it back.

Now if they can find the other 4 guns I'd be one happy camper. This recovery makes 2 that they have found for me. Im sure in time the rest will show up.

• Like 1

Well, good for you. I remember y'all telling me about that ripoff.

Maybe the insurance agent will just sort of let it slide, and you can get it back for nada, I hope. I'm sure you could use all the good luck you can get right now.

- OS

Yes Sir I agree with you on the "let is slide" thing and as far as good luck goes, it has alway been in my favor. I even have it tattood on my forearm (born lucky) with the lucky 7 dice. As far as work goes I already have 1 lead that really looks very reassuring for my self as well as my wife. I trust that God will get me through this little setback as he always does.

Yes Sir I agree with you on the "let is slide" thing and as far as good luck goes, it has alway been in my favor. I even have it tattood on my forearm (born lucky) with the lucky 7 dice. As far as work goes I already have 1 lead that really looks very reassuring for my self as well as my wife. I trust that God will get me through this little setback as he always does.

You're already on the right track.

I got broken into and had a handgun stolen about 2 years ago. I am still hoping that I will get a call that it has been recovered. In all likelihood it is beat to hell, scratched up, and is in the bottom of the lake.

If his insurance company paid off after the theft, it now belongs to them. That's why. I'm sure they didn't pay full value for it because it was used though.

This.

It would be considered insurance fraud if you got robbed, submitted a claim - reimbursed for all that was stolen, and got all your belongings back on top of that. You have to let the insurance company know. Depending on value they may not consider it worth the paperwork.

When I got robbed even after the claim, I still lost a lot of money. Everything that was evaluated based off my policy was replacement value, so if I needed to buy a new one from the store right now - that would be the cost. When I bought my playstation 3, it was before the dropped the price - so I lost like $200 on that. $500 deductible, etc. etc.

I lost thousands that the insurance couldn't cover due to "Value".

Edited by nysos

What kind of work do you and your significant other do?

Glad to hear about the recovery.

Dolomite

I have worked as a mechanic since I was about 16. During my career I have had a couple odd jobs but mostly been turning wrenches has been my gig. My last employment was working for a construction company maintaining a fleet of vehicles and heavy equipment. The wife has been out of work for quite a while. I have actually been wanting to get into the security field, Im just tired of working on stuff. And as life would have it, my side business has been slow all year and this week alone I get 6 phone calls from clients all wanting work done before winter.

Why would you have to buy that gun back if it was yours in the first place ? I dont undetsand that.. if they have recovered it, dont they just turn it over back to you once the case is done with?

Very weird..

To answer your question see this

This.

It would be considered insurance fraud if you got robbed, submitted a claim - reimbursed for all that was stolen, and got all your belongings back on top of that. You have to let the insurance company know. Depending on value they may not consider it worth the paperwork.

(Thanks nysos)