300blk AR pistol/SBR progress thread

Guest nysos

Starting this thread to follow the progress on my latest build. Will be using it for pictures and other updates, as of now there isn't much to comment on but figured I would start it anyways as I should have more parts filtering through over the next couple weeks. As soon as I get my rail and duracoat kit I will take pictures of my refinishing work.

General plan is to do a 10.5" pistol build that I will SBR down the road. I will also be refinishing it with a duracoat kit, but not just your every day duracoat job so I will leave that for a surprise after I get it finished and post pictures. I will be refinishing the receivers and rail, the rest will be left black, and the result will be hopefully a very good unique look.

Current parts:

stripped lower - psa blemished or psa gadsden

stripped upper - psa blemished

lower parts kit - psa

pistol buffer tube, spring, buffer

magpul asap plate

magpul moe grip

magpul enhanced trigger guard

300blk 10.5" barrel - alpha shooting sports

parts to be ordered:

upper completion kit - forward assist/dust cover

switchable or adjustable gas block - most likely paladin

gas tube - pistol length

yankee hill diamond series free float quad rail - spectre length

BCG

thread protector

charging handle - BCM gunfighter, medium

iron sites - daniel defense fixed front and rear

Edited by nysos
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excited to see the progress and the outcome....especially with the paint scheme!

My brother is doing one as well, and we are sharing the duracoat kit. So I will take pictures of his as well, along with finished product. His is going to be a 300blk as well, but he is dropping the money for a left handed side charger upper. I don't know what barrel length he has decided on yet.

Guest mental405

^^^^ His brother

Current parts:

Stripped Lower (PSA)

Lower Parts Kit (PSA)

Grip (Ergo)

Parts on Order:

Billet Flat Top Left Handed Upper Receiver (Keystone Accuracy)

Ambi BCG with Side Charging Handle (Stag, via Keystone Accuracy)

Low Profile Gas Block (YHM)

.300 BLK 10.5in Barrel (YHM)

Carbine Length Free Float Forearm (YHM)

Pistol Buffer Kit

MOE Enhanced Aluminum Trigger Guard (Magpul)

Parts to be Ordered:

Glass

Mag Well Grip

Suppressor (YHM QD Phantom)

Stock (Undecided until paperwork clears)

Should ultimately look something like this when its all done and paperwork clears:

N9g1v.jpg

Edited by mental405

You may not need to get an adjustable gas block. Have you decided on the gas length system? If you tune it to work with unsuppressed supersonic loads it should work with suppressed subsonic loads. In the mean time you can grab a KX-3 and screw it on to simulate the gas pressure of a suppressor. It will not provide as much as a full suppressor but it does increase pressure in the barrel. And hopefully enough to work with subsonic loads until the suppressor paperwork comes back.

I know I plan on running a 8" barrel and I hope to get rid of my adjustable gas block.

Dolomite

This is becoming problematic because everyone is out of stock on almost everything. Most of my parts are on back order.

Yeah, availability has dictated a lot o my build. I still need a gas block,free float, and muzzle device.

I've been buying piece by piece. Most came from joeboboutfitters as he would post when uppers and lowers came in stock.

I have a noveske 8" and it functions great with supersonic unsuppressed loads. Last night I shot some subsonic suppressed rem loads 220gr through it with an sdn(borrowed) can on it. Worked great. I'm waiting on my paperwork to come back on my sdn6.

I considered getting the noveske but ruled it out when I found out it has polygonal rifling, as I may do some casting for this caliber down the road.

Nice. Good to get some progress. Mine is still just parts in a box. My alpha sports barrel came last week. Looks good but we'll see once bullets go thru it.

You interested in a gas tube from Core 15? Pistol length tubes and a roll pin are $11.50 +.50, but shipping is $8 regardless if I buy one or two. You interested in splitting shipping? Total $16 each. If not that's cool, just throwin it out there.

Nice. Good to get some progress. Mine is still just parts in a box. My alpha sports barrel came last week. Looks good but we'll see once bullets go thru it.

You interested in a gas tube from Core 15? Pistol length tubes and a roll pin are $11.50 +.50, but shipping is $8 regardless if I buy one or two. You interested in splitting shipping? Total $16 each. If not that's cool, just throwin it out there.

Sure, that sounds like a plan. My brother I don't believe has ordered one yet either. I will get with him and we can meet up sometime in the next week to exchange funds for the order.

Sure, that sounds like a plan. My brother I don't believe has ordered one yet either. I will get with him and we can meet up sometime in the next week to exchange funds for the order.

Sounds good. Just let me know and i'll get them ordered. They seem to be the only place that has them in stock on a regular basis. I'm not in a rush I won't have the gas block and forearm til at least next month.

Sounds good. Just let me know and i'll get them ordered. They seem to be the only place that has them in stock on a regular basis. I'm not in a rush I won't have the gas block and forearm til at least next month.

Sounds good. I spoke to him last night and he already has a gas tube ordered, so it would just be ours. If you want to go ahead and order that is fine or I can meet up with you and give you the money first. I don't have my gas block or forearm either so it is not like I could put the gas tube to use so I am in no rush either.

I will probably end up getting a BCG from them as well eventually. Seems like a few key parts that people need are really scarce right now. If I had the cash I would probably drop the $225+ for a quality nickel boron BCG, as those seem still readily available at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='nysos' timestamp='1350846193' post='831481']

I considered getting the noveske but ruled it out when I found out it has polygonal rifling, as I may do some casting for this caliber down the road.
[/quote]

I hate to dig up an old thread and it looks like you've picked out a barrel already but according to noveske you can shoot lead through there polygonally rifled barrels because of the the angled lans. I just thought I'd toss that out there in case anyone else was looking for an AAC barrel.
mostly done.

Ended up getting a vortex strike fire as joe bob's had them on sale for veteran's day. Future plans include figuring out what sort of can to put on it in which case it will help me figure out what flash hider to get. I will SBR it eventually as well.

All that is really left is getting a sling, some mags, ammo, iron sites, and see how it does at shooting paper. I do have one of Dolomite's trigger kits that I need to install, but I need to do some polishing as well as my trigger is pretty gritty. I figured I wouldn't bother pulling the trigger and hammer out until I have the proper polishing stones to do the work.

[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/-zippy-/2012-11-17_16-08-58_298.jpg[/img]