Caracal Recall

red dirt

http://www.caracal.a.../highlights.php

http://caracalforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556

Both of mine fall in the range affected.

CARACAL F AND C PISTOL SAFETY WARNING AND RECALL NOTICE

Caracal USA has determined a potential condition of the trigger unit in a very limited number of Caracal F and C pistols that could possibly allow the pistol to fire when dropped onto a hard surface with a round in the chamber. Although Caracal USA has not received any reports of injuries, it is initiating this voluntary recall to protect the safety of its customers because of the remote possibility of an unintentional discharge occurring.

The affected Caracal pistols have serial numbers that begin with B, C, F, L, or M. If your pistol's serial number begins with one of these letters, please follow the following steps.

Only the Caracal F and C pistols with the serial numbers identified above are affected by this recall. If your pistol has a different serial number, it is not subject to the recall.

If you own a Caracal F or C pistol with a serial number identified as being affected by this recall, please do not load or fire your Caracal F or C pistol and contact us immediately to arrange to have the trigger unit replaced, completely free of charge, using the following steps:

Step 1 - Contact us at 205-655-7050 (Monday-Friday 8-5 Central Standard Time), or at info@caracal-usa.com and provide the model and serial number of your pistol.

Step 2 - After contacting us, we will send you a prepaid overnight shipping box with instructions so that you can return your pistol to us, free of charge.

Step 3 - Your firearm will be returned as quickly and efficiently as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause, and to thank you for your patience and cooperation, we will send you a free magazine when we return your pistol to you.

For more information, you may visit www.caracal-usa.com or call Caracal USA at 205-655-7050

Edited by red dirt
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear that but at least they are stepping up to the plate. Not only 2 free mags but you get a factory rework on your trigger groups. Not sure about caracal design but I am sure they will replace worn parts.

JTM

Sent from my iPhone

I got to hold one of these this past weekend at the Knoxville gun show. I was impressed with the compact model with the quick sights and might have to take a look at one. They were $400. I want to shoot one before I make a decision. According to there website they a going to release a sub compact soon.

Edited by R1100R