Woo-hoo - took the CCW course/test today!

I took the CCW course at RangeUSA in Memphis today and, while it was boring, I did feel as if it was worth the time and money. The instructor was up-to-date on the newest laws (even those that had not been voted on yet) and the day flew by pretty quickly. Scored 199/200, so no worries there - now I have to head down to the DMV and get the ball rolling.

Few months and I'll be ready!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats...

A couple of notes..

The state legislature has adjourned for this year....so no more laws being voted on peirod this year. Park and restaraunt (where alcohol is served) carry did not pass.

Also...HCP in TN, not CCW. :popcorn:

Guest Revelator

Congrats, crimson. I recommend you take the Level 2 class as well. I took it right after the carry class and it was very good, very informative.

I took the class a few years back at Top Brass in Millington. They offer a good class but they are kind of like an old comfortable bar. Range USA is a little more expensive but a lot more professional. I'll be sending the wife there for her permit class this summer.

Congrats, crimson. I recommend you take the Level 2 class as well. I took it right after the carry class and it was very good, very informative.

Yah, I was thinking about that myself. Will talk to the fine folks at RangeUSA next week when I go in for my weekly range time...

Congrats...

A couple of notes..

The state legislature has adjourned for this year....so no more laws being voted on peirod this year. Park and restaraunt (where alcohol is served) carry did not pass.

Ahh, she mentioned restaurant didn't pass, but though park was still on the table...

Also...HCP in TN, not CCW. :popcorn:

Hehe, yah - guess I need to start saying it correctly.

Next you'll tell me it's a magazine, not a clip (kidding, kidding)...

On a national level they may still change carry in Federal Parks to follow state law for the state the park is in. But since TN has a law against park carry you still couldn't carry in a Federal Park in TN.

Oh and it's neither.....it's a readily available ammunition storage device...lol :crazy:

Guest bluecanary25

crimsonaudio,

I suggest mulch or gravel for the path you will wear to the mailbox :D

Congrats!

Now............. save some money............................to upgrade.....................your clothes, for when you can carry ;)