Seabeejason

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='hipower' timestamp='1352436113' post='842296']
Thanks. I didn't know the brand. I may just have to look this up and try one.
[/quote]

They have them on Amazon for $10.00 right now. I paid $20 for mine, so it's a great deal. The only disclaimer is that they do not fit all rifles. It's just one of those things you have to try and hope it works out. Edited by Seabeejason
Nice ....... and that is the hard part. Figuring out a decent balance between wants and needs to keep the weight and costs down.

Here's what I did ........
Buy my first AR in 5.56
Buy a crap-load of ammo
Buy more Hi-Cap Mags
Buy a set of BUIS Sights
Buy an Optic
Buy an Optic Mount
Buy a Rail to mount more options
Buy a High End Light w/pressure pad
Buy a High End Bi-Pod
Buy a Long Range Scope
Buy a High End Quick Release Scope Mount
Buy an Eotech
Buy an Eotech Quick Release Mount
Buy a Collapsible Stock
Buy a Better Collapsible Stock
Buy another upper in 458SOCOM
Buy Ammo for the 458
Buy a reloading setup for the 458
Buy another lower for the 458
Buy an Aimpoint for the 458
Buy an Aimpoint mount for the 458
Buy a few more HiCap Mags
Buy another upper to reduce the OAL of the 5.56
Buy a light weight rail for the 5.56
Buy another upper for a dedicated .22LR
Buy another lower for the dedicated .22
Buy another Scope for the .22
Buy another Scope Mount for the .22
Sell all ARs to pay off remaining debt.......
Get out of debt ........
Start over .........

It's a sickness - like Lego's for adults .......... My name is Brian, and I'm an addict

I hope to get back into ARs at some point - but having a lot of fun along the way Edited by FIRERESCUEO2
That's the problem with ARs, once you start looking at all the cool stud to put on one it becomes all too easy to justify having them.
I'm keeping mine super basic but have seen at countless YouTube videos where people have spent double the amount of money on accessories as they did on the rifle and the stuff probably doubled the weight.

I'd say stick with a small light and the optics and you'd have what you need IMO.

Oh I like the mag well grip as well, kind of off topic but anyone know off hand if those count as a fore grip on an AR pistol?

<Edit> you know the more I look at it I like it real well as is. I can see the benefit to the laser and you won't lose much weight at all getting rid of it. If you already have a more stripped down carbine I would leave this one alone. Two thumbs up! Edited by TrickyNicky
Nice base rifle. No B.A.D.A.S.S selector?

I would move your optics forward to the last slots on the receiver and move your iron sights back to the rear, but to each their own. Whats the purpose of the rifle, just curious?
[quote name='JMP' timestamp='1352472302' post='842427']
Nice base rifle. No B.A.D.A.S.S selector?

I would move your optics forward to the last slots on the receiver and move your iron sights back to the rear, but to each their own. Whats the purpose of the rifle, just curious?
[/quote]

I do not need the selector. I am right handed, so have no need for it.

I mounted the sights that way because the magnifier much harder to see through at that far of a distance away from the stock. I want to mount the rear sight to the rear, but it almost renders the magnifier useless. I am going to shop around for a new rear sight. I can always just shift the rear sight if I need to though.

I have a few reasons for having it. I spent 9 years in the military and carried one, so it is the weapon I am most comfortable with. I am very proficient with all of these type rifles. I also just like having one for the "fun" factor. I will also be using it for Coyote hunting as well. Edited by Seabeejason
Gotcha. I'm a righty as well. I like the extra real estate of the selector, but I have pretty small hands compared to some. Medium glove usually.

Thats interesting to know about the magnifier. I am in the market myself for a magnifier. I am looking at the Aimpoint version, but that will inspire me to see one in person before just buying based on reputation as I wasn't sold based on just price point. That said, how far back do you typically run the stock? I'm 5'9" with short arms so I can typically run them fully collapsed or one notch back so that may be part of the difference maybe.

Just spitballing. Like the build and hope it works for ya. Should be able to take a few yotes! Rock on.
[quote name='JMP' timestamp='1352476652' post='842474']
Gotcha. I'm a righty as well. I like the extra real estate of the selector, but I have pretty small hands compared to some. Medium glove usually.

Thats interesting to know about the magnifier. I am in the market myself for a magnifier. I am looking at the Aimpoint version, but that will inspire me to see one in person before just buying based on reputation as I wasn't sold based on just price point. That said, how far back do you typically run the stock? I'm 5'9" with short arms so I can typically run them fully collapsed or one notch back so that may be part of the difference maybe.

Just spitballing. Like the build and hope it works for ya. Should be able to take a few yotes! Rock on.
[/quote]

I keep the stock about 3 clicks back. I keep my face pretty close to the magnifier though. My arms are fairly short as well (I'm 5'7"). I can hold it with the stock fully collapsed, but prefer not to. I aimed af a couple things at the edge of the woods in the backyard today and the magnifier makes one hell of a difference. I am definitely happy with the purchase. If you get one it may take a while to track it down. OpticsPlanet is backordered until late December. Others are as well. I got mine online from Bass Pro Shop. They still have a few in stock for now, but they will get ordered pretty quickly. The last time they had them in stock they ran out within a couple days. The only crappy part about buying from Bass Pro is that you have to pay tax and shipping.
Nice setup!

I just bought a Primary Arms Long Eye Relief Magnifier, and have used it on my SCAR 17 with an Aimpoint. It is REALLY a nice piece. The eye relief is REALLY good...probably 3 inches, which is needed with the 308.

Here is a link, it may be an more affordable alternative for some of you looking for one. [url="https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_3X_Long_Eye_Relief_Red_Dot_Magnifier_p/pa3xler.htm"]https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_3X_Long_Eye_Relief_Red_Dot_Magnifier_p/pa3xler.htm[/url]

I also have one of the Vortex magnifiers which I run on my Blackout with an EOTech. I really like it, but the eye relief on the Primary Arms Mag is so much better, that I have to give it thethumbs up.

Again, nice rifle!
[quote name='atlas3025' timestamp='1352502090' post='842743']
Nice setup!

I just bought a Primary Arms Long Eye Relief Magnifier, and have used it on my SCAR 17 with an Aimpoint. It is REALLY a nice piece. The eye relief is REALLY good...probably 3 inches, which is needed with the 308.

Here is a link, it may be an more affordable alternative for some of you looking for one. [url="https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_3X_Long_Eye_Relief_Red_Dot_Magnifier_p/pa3xler.htm"]https://www.primarya...r_p/pa3xler.htm[/url]

I also have one of the Vortex magnifiers which I run on my Blackout with an EOTech. I really like it, but the eye relief on the Primary Arms Mag is so much better, that I have to give it thethumbs up.

Again, nice rifle!
[/quote]

The G33 has a good eye relief at 2.2 inches. The Primary Arms is 2.8 inches. Definitely a viable option I think. It looks to be a good quality magnifier, especially for the fact it costs much less. I went with the EOTech because it has a couple options I really like. Plus, I am just a big fan of EOTech.

Also, I just found some angled sights to replace my folding sights. I ordered them and should get them next week. They are basically the knock-offs of the Dueck Defense RTS sights. I got them for $40.00 on Amazon. I really wanted the American made Dueck Defense RTS sights, but I simply can't justify spending $200+ for them. If the ones I bought do not work out I will dig up the cash to get the Dueck's. Edited by Seabeejason