Finally found a neat holster

I got a leather Bianchi Snaplok for my Glock 26 and I LOVE it!!!

I have tried it different ways and so far I like it on my back, either close to the SOB or on the hip. I can wear a tank top and a button down cotton shirt and it covers well. Here are pictures of it. I am tickled that I found something that works for me finally. It is secure by the snaplok that I can use a finger to release and auto retention.

And to make matters even better, my CZ 75D PCR fits in it also!!!!! ;)

Hip

Hip.jpg

Side

Side.jpg

Small of back

back.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the exact same holster with belt loops not snaps, and have an evader (same thing as yours just not leather). The carry lock is the only way I carry. Keeps anyone from being able to just jerk it out like they can do with a thumb break.

Good choice. You do want to take a can of air, air hose, even blowing it out, but where the thumb release is will collect lint, I clean mine out once a month to be safe.

The carry lock is the only way I carry. Keeps anyone from being able to just jerk it out like they can do with a thumb break.

I agree, the lock is great! The gun is in there secure and that is how I like it and it is easy to learn to press that release and get the gun. I have no complaints at all about this holster, all the times I have been frustrated because I couldn't figure out what to get or try has been worth the effort to get to this holster.

Thanks for the heads up on the lint, I will pick me up a can of air so I will be ready when it needs blown out.

Guest db99wj
so i take it when you grasp the weapon with your hand, your thumb presses the retention release away from your body? i have never personally seen one in use until now.

I'm thinking it would be your trigger finger. Looks as if she is right handed, her thumb would be between the grip and her back, her trigger finger pointed down or could it be her middle finger when it goes around the grip, it hits the switch on their way to the grip....

I'm thinking it would be your trigger finger. Looks as if she is right handed, her thumb would be between the grip and her back, her trigger finger pointed down or could it be her middle finger when it goes around the grip, it hits the switch on their way to the grip....

That's right, the trigger finger or in my case the middle finger, that way the trigger finger is right along side of the gun ready to drop into the trigger guard.

Yep, I am right handed and it is my middle finger that flips the lock. The holster is really neat, anyone that might be interested should find one in a store somewhere and try it out. I am set, it will be my main holster. I am pleased as punch to have found it!

Two more pictures of me flipping the lock to pull the Glock out.

finger1.jpg

finger2.jpg

Guest Phantom6
ahh ok. makes sense. the picures really did not detail the holster until you had your hand on the weapon.

Yup, It's the "social finger" that releases the retention mechanism. I carry the Model 82 myself and wouldn[t carry a holster without a retention system of some sort. This system is intuitive and fast.

This system is intuitive and fast.

Agreed. So far it's still my fav of every way I have carried, I have found that I can now put my Glock on my hip and go on, don't even think about it, forget it's even back there most of the time.

Guest Natosha
Half a holster hunh?

Which half was missing? That could be dangerous :up:

HAHAHA! Which half was missing? The price!! HA!

You better listen to creeky! HAHAHAA :P

Guest Natosha

I ordered this from the local gun shop and picked it up today. I really like it.

It is a Blackhawk Serpa for the Glock 26/27/33. It has a belt attachment and a paddle. You can rotate it to be more comfortable for you. All in all a great product. I will let everyone know once I start carrying it.

Serpa1.jpgSerpa2.jpgSerpa3.jpg

Guest Natosha

Mom the one thing that I am noticing with it is it pulls the gun a little further way from the body where the bianchi puts it super close. You can tell the difference when you are trying to cover it with clothes. Also I think it will be my winter holster and the other one my summer. I still want one of the bianchi holsters that are for inside the pants. I can't wait until he has them in.

That looks sharp! Is there ever a problem with hitting the release accidentally? Or clothes catching it and flipping the lock?

Bastet it hasn't happened to me. But I played with it a bit and if I hit the release that doesn't mean the gun will fall out, you still have to pull the gun upward to get it out of the holster. It appears to be a very safe holster for keeping your gun on your person until you want it out.

If you think you might be interested I definitely recommend you find a store with one and try it on and see how it feels, I really think you would love it.

*Edit to add: Something happened to me today and I have noticed a couple of times I have snagged the snapped loop part that loops around my belt and it has yanked the snap loose and left the holster with gun still intact hanging by the other snapped loop. This is presenting a problem for me and I don't know what to do about it. They make this same holster with belt slats instead of the loops that snap, I may have to check into them, other than that this holster is great!*

Edited by Guns&Dobes
Guest Gun Geek

Ah yes I have the cloth version of that one. I would much rather have the leather but I got a good deal on the cloth one. Love the holster, holds it tight to the body.. much better than my Model 83 paddle lock holster.